Sign in to follow this  
KIIIA

[Q3]NoNameYet

The last buzzybot version had at least one map which used cellshading but the first versions didn't contain complete cellshaded maps.

On Topic: The map looks really nice. Love the yellow jumppads :)

As far as I remember, yes, they were cellshaded, defintely not CJ's idea. Like he said, besides Cellshading I really cannot see any similarities in style.

Nice map, looking quite cool, basically my main critisism would be the same thing everyone else has mentioned.

- Need a more completed cell-shading feel. (some things don't look CS.)

- The last pic has a metallic, enforcing to pipes or something which looks way too realistic mainly in detail, which is a contrast to the plain cartoony look.

Also besides all these things, "flawless" doesn't mean good really, I think you'd have to add some more interesting things to give it a little spunk or character rather than just relying on cell-shading.

- Ewok

This map is very cool!

Maybe get some diffrent coloured textures, but then, it may ruin the great feeling you got in the map now.

btw, love the "electro tube" in the 2nd shot~

I dig the white-blue lighting, like the overall style of the map it looks very clean and futuristic without becoming too complicated and gloomy.

I'll make the same comment here I did on the Snark pit... I'd love to see more curves included in this. It'd also help your glowy fluid thing by giving you perfect texture alignment. :) All the angles are really sweet, and would be even sweeter pulled around a curve here and there.

But it's really nice architecture regardless, and a nice smooth lighting style. Keep up the good work!

Err, yeah, I used black func_illusionary for my cel-shading outlines. It actually worked better than I expected. Total bitch to VIS though, with brush entities everywhere in a giant open area! I got the idea from bb_mars, which is the only HL map (that I've seen) to use cel-shading. It was released around the end of BuzzyBots' life, around version 3.4 I think. Even then, it was used very sparingly. I think I'm the only mapper crazy / stupid enough to try something like that for a whole map.

Anyways, this map looks great! Really liking the colors you have going. Glad you got rid of that metal-thingmajig in those earlier shots. All the different kinds of blues and those yellow jump-pads! Wow! Keep it up! :)