mikezilla

totally random texture thread

Nice, the base is cool with the chipped off stuff.

Something about the window/glass looks wrong. Whats that boarded stuff behind the frame? And why does it look like somebody went and sprayed shit/blood on it?

Also, I'd add a few more subtle 1px highlights around the chipped edges.

There are a few places in the texture that make it very repetitive when tiled. Here they are, encircled in red in the first row.

peri13tf.jpg

alright thanks for the suggestions :D

replaced the image with an update one.

the boarded stuff behind the frame, i dont know the english word for it but its like a garage door for windows ;o, dont bother too much with it though, theres supposed to be glass in front which you can see ingame with a specular mask.

It looks very flat. Especially the window. It's not really a problem if you intend to use normal maps but just saying.... One thing that strikes me as a bit odd is the strongly worn and contrasty concrete trims in combination with the sharp and neat window.

If it's a building in construction it should all look equally "new", looks weird otherwise. Clean textures are tough.

yeah the window does indeed look out of place :) I'll do a better one. And yeah i had normal maps planned especially for the bricks and trims. Just added a small ammount of lighting on the bricks for the dx7 users ;)

thanks for the comments guys

There are a few places in the texture that make it very repetitive when tiled. Here they are, encircled in red in the first row.

peri13tf.jpg

For the most part I prefer detail over bad tiling. That white spec needs to go but the rest is fine. That stuff is easy to cover with lighting, 3d architecture, and simply not creating big flat boring buildings.

You can have a detailed texture that tiles well.

And yeah, big holes etc. are better done with decals. But for this thread its completely fine since the point of it is to show off the artistic skills. If we all started posting 50 decals with cracks, things would get messy :P

Keep it up! :-D