mikezilla

totally random texture thread

My first real texture, it's pretty much just testing and getting known with the style. I think the lower parts are a bit too dark and gap between the plates are too big, or?

I'd definately like to hear some suggestions to make it better :?

It's a WIP of course. (Original is 1024x1024px)

floor01_b1.jpg

It's got pretty obvious seams due to the fact your tiles are oddly shaped yet all "fit" to the edges of the texture. You should maybe try having some run over an edge and in the other side?

I think i undestand the idea you want there. It's nice so far. But I think it suffers from the same "disease" as a lot of other textures with seams like that. It's like the seams and plates are not the same texture. IMO they need to "interact" with each other more. The seams are dirt, then some dirt should get up on the edges of the tiles etc. Don't know if that was unclear enough :)

It's got pretty obvious seams due to the fact your tiles are oddly shaped yet all "fit" to the edges of the texture. You should maybe try having some run over an edge and in the other side?

I'll try that :)

I think i undestand the idea you want there. It's nice so far. But I think it suffers from the same "disease" as a lot of other textures with seams like that. It's like the seams and plates are not the same texture. IMO they need to "interact" with each other more. The seams are dirt, then some dirt should get up on the edges of the tiles etc. Don't know if that was unclear enough :)

That was very clear, i'll try that one too. Good advices, both of them. Let's see what i can do. :banjo:

EDIT: Did this in 10mins before i go to sleep, dunno if it's what you were expecting but i think that kinda dirt fits there anyway.. maybe some pieces of broken stone/wood or something would be neat (or not). Now i need some sleep.

floor01_b3.jpg