mikezilla

totally random texture thread

What the? I was under the impression that the skins were no bigger than 512x512 ! Then again I only ran HL2 medium so it's not like I'd actually notice such high-res details even if it does still look really nice.

Speaking of 1024 textures, I remember trying to run SOF2 on the highest settings, most of the textures are that big and running it was a nightmare! I don't think you need to go any bigger than 512, because that size is a perfect balance between high-res detail and memory management. But hey I still map for HL1, what do I know? :P

^^ Don't want to make another thread, what's the average skin size for HL2 character parts? (ie face, hands, body etc)

What the? I was under the impression that the skins were no bigger than 512x512 ! Then again I only ran HL2 medium so it's not like I'd actually notice such high-res details even if it does still look really nice.

Speaking of 1024 textures, I remember trying to run SOF2 on the highest settings, most of the textures are that big and running it was a nightmare! I don't think you need to go any bigger than 512, because that size is a perfect balance between high-res detail and memory management. But hey I still map for HL1, what do I know? :P

^^ Don't want to make another thread, what's the average skin size for HL2 character parts? (ie face, hands, body etc)

there are only 2 parts: head and body. size is mostly 1024x1024.

the gman's head of the HL2 intro is 2048x2048

h2: very nice!!!!!!! but it feels abit repetitive

svenE: the color hurts my eyes, there could also be more contrast between the bricks and the cement

splitta: excellent tiles, but the subway station wall has some sort of blurry photo overlay on it that looks abit fake

I whiped up this texture quickly tonight to start trying some ideas down for the style I want to use for a dm level I'm making.

ThemeTest.jpg

Ignore the unequal sides. I was sloppy ;)

real awesome texture gj 8)