totally random texture thread

mikezilla

your bricks are your problem. WHen you inset the windows its just a straight line. Thats not real. Instead have some of the bricks OVERLAP the windows by a little bit. Getting better but it needs work.

Excellent advice, thank you for ever so much for that!

Brick1_trim_window2.jpg

Admittedly not perfect but a step in the right direction (I think..), Cheers Koko and Ferret ;)

wipdewds2.jpg

I didn't work on tiling it yet, I basically was trying to get the depth feel with the doorway to blend equally with the wall, but I still thing it looks terrible. Could someone give me a few pointers, maybe dirt over the door cause it seems to clean-ish?

Edited up a bit, I dunno, still kinda crappy :s

The problem of this texture is not your technical ability, it's well made. However, the scaling is badly chosen. The bricks suggest a certain size of the wall, the door suggest a completely different size. And that's making my brain hurt :). I think that if you scale down the bricks, put more rows of them in the texture, that that would help a lot. I really like how the bricks overlap the door on the rightby the way, but you might wanna work a bit on the top. Walls end with bricks usually, people don't put that uh, gray crap (cement? in dutch) at edges.