mikezilla

totally random texture thread

Doing a little Heroes of Might and Magic II homage here... there will be no easy mode, just an easier mode.

Now that you have come so far with these three buttons, can't you just make a really good remake of HOMM II or HOMM III? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?! :D

EDIT: Also, nice to see some retro stuff.

That would be awesome, however that's probably really really difficult to do, I can't see myself or anyone I know for that matter top the px-quality of Heroes 2. And the gameplay is pretty much nailed. The only thing I see that it needs is a better multiplayer, like sim-turns and a tech that works better on new comps.

Yeah those sprites are really insane! Pretty, pretty dragons! 

Also, I agree the multiplayer is what needs to be fixed somehow. HOMM 6 had some good things going for them, such as being able to buy all your Units from any castle you control, thus removing the need of 20 "transport-unit-heroes", which was really stupid. There are some other stuff that really needs fixing gameplay-wise too, but boy do I love that game-series.

Too generic imo . You should put more details into =)

Agree with you there, Kikette! I've moved on from the texture but you're definitely right, needs more interest.

Here's another attempt at rock, think it came out too soft, might try and get some more prominent edge highlights to help reverse the soft look.

post-17991-0-06864700-1396078661_thumb.j

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Red-and-Gold-Celtic-Knotwork-stained-glass-window/913118?id=913118&slug=Red-and-Gold-Celtic-Knotwork-stained-glass-window liked this pattern.

So I vectorized it

Vitral.jpg

Randomly picked up two marble textures on google and colorized the vectorized art

red_gold_art.jpg

Edited by 0kelvin

Made a optimized texture for a mobile game app.

Turns out it seems to be a bit overkill when it comes down to color blend.

sD3X6mQ.png

Here's the shader layout looks like;

vw3IeFP.png

You shouldn't use pictures with direct lighting information. It makes textures look really ugly and out of place ingame since the ingame lighting will probably never match the texture lighting :P

This. It isn't so hard to paint out the light on the photo though if you use the clone stamp carefully and paint over the dark areas slightly whilst leaving enough light information to look natural.

With The Gimp you are supposed to do the same stuff than with Photoshop (not sure).

Btw, if you want a quick result, just take the Tiled version of each texture proposed on CG Textures, it'll be far enough for Counterstrike I guess =)