mikezilla

totally random texture thread

Yep, I definitely agree with the last 4 comments! :)

UE3 can be an awesome engine, if given to the hands of good artists! Look at Mirror's Edge!

Anyway, awesome stuff minos. What's this for? Just practising or planing doing a map?

awesome simon! It looks a bit unfinished now with all the hard edges and stuff, but I'm already liking the classic nice readble deathmatch map feel it has! Something they really forgot about in unreal 3

awesome simon! It looks a bit unfinished now with all the hard edges and stuff, but I'm already liking the classic nice readble deathmatch map feel it has! Something they really forgot about in unreal 3

I forgot to set smoothing groups up for the rounded corner, that's why it looks weird :lol:

That lighting isn't rebuilt though, hence the stencil like shadows. Rebuild and post again! :P

Yeah for some reason I hit build lighting and it kept the stencil shadows. My directional light was being shown as dynamic even though I set it to static. Go figure.

Yep, I definitely agree with the last 4 comments! :)

UE3 can be an awesome engine, if given to the hands of good artists! Look at Mirror's Edge!

Anyway, awesome stuff minos. What's this for? Just practising or planing doing a map?

I might do a level out of this. I have lots of cool ideas in my head, like a clean colorful hi-tech office. I only want to have primary and secondary colors in this level. Something like this:

meu_primeiro_gradiente.jpg

Not exactly a texture, but I did this in about 30 min for a new forum I'm part of.

I still think it's too dark, but will do until we get the correct template installed.

Banner.jpg

":1egj8cl4]Yep, I definitely agree with the last 4 comments! :)

Mirrors Edge had lighting part revamped (radiosity calc) so its not really your usualy stock UE3.