Sign in to follow this  
FrieChamp

Borderlands E3 walkthrough

erm....ok "post-apocalyptic" is perhaps the wrong term. Essentially I meant the desolate/hostile place vibe. Look I'm not saying the games are the same, just that there appears to be a small similarity in some ways and I like.

Anyway, the video above certainly reminds you of Christian Bale's Terminator 4 outtake. Good times.

"Hiyooo!"

There's a big difference in mood and motivation between post-civilization survival and treasure hunting.

feel free to post some rationale for the difference. personally i see scavenging for food/items and hunting for treasure as pretty similar, but then you may know something i don't.

There's a big difference in mood and motivation between post-civilization survival and treasure hunting.

feel free to post some rationale for the difference. personally i see scavenging for food/items and hunting for treasure as pretty similar, but then you may know something i don't.

That's why I mentioned mood and motivation. Doing something cause you need to survive cause everything's gone bad and doing something for profit with the backing of stores and quest givers and revive booths and cars with guns mounted on them and friends online has a different tone to it.

That's why I mentioned mood and motivation. Doing something cause you need to survive cause everything's gone bad and doing something for profit with the backing of stores and quest givers and revive booths and cars with guns mounted on them and friends online has a different tone to it.

if there really was such a difference in mood, then whoever called borderlands post apoc wouldn't have called it that. i too see the mood of borderlands as post apoc; because post apoc doesn't necessarily mean the mood itself has to be depressed - the sun shines in fallout 3 too. as for motivation; this is something that would be less visible from the perspective of the player. but even at that, i'm willing to bet that the quest givers will give you the same "go out and hunt item x" as they would in any other fetch quest. maybe the tone is different, but then again you could work for slavers/bandits in the fallout universe too.

really, you are just arguing semantics.

It has actiony rock music playing in fights and the elite mobs are called badasses and you get guns that shoot acid and electricity. I associate a STALKER association with thinking the game's a bit more sober and "realistic" and down to earth game. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

I like my RPG's slow, lonely and boring.

:lol: I do, to. I always piss off my friends in multiplayer Diablo by taking too long looting and not rushing forward fast enough.

Yep, I thought I was playing D2 properly until I started partying with friends. Seeing them burn through Act 1 in about 15 minutes while I'm still choosing skill points after my first level up made me sad.

I get crazy neurotic about point distribution

It has actiony rock music playing in fights and the elite mobs are called badasses and you get guns that shoot acid and electricity. I associate a STALKER association with thinking the game's a bit more sober and "realistic" and down to earth game. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

">