Unreal Engine - Static meshes with borked UV edges

Nurb

I have a problem with static meshes imported into UED3.

uv_egg.jpg

I don't know why, but for some reason the UVs seems to kinda "slide" apart. In Maya it works fine, but in the Unreal Engine the UV-borders always become more or less. On other objects I've noticed that the UV-borders seem to be hardened cause the shadowing gets different on each side of the edge even though the edge is fully smoothed in Maya (which could also potentially be the problem with this "egg" seeing as the normals are acting up). Does anyone recognize this problem and know of any way to avoid it (other than hiding the edges with other objects which is sadly what I have been doing >_<)?

I partially solved the problem thanks to Drevlin and some of the guys in the unrealed channel on quakenet. Thanks guys! The problem that was solved was the one causing the normalmap to be lit differently on the different sides of the UV edge. This was solved by unwrapping the mesh letting the UV edge be as vertical as possible as explained on this site: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/LightMapUnwrapping.html

I wasn't able to solve the other problem with the UV edge acting as a hard edge, but was able to go around it in a sorta ugly way. Would still appreciate if someone has a way to solve this problem.