I really don't get why Diablo 3 gets so much flak. I have enjoyed it for many many hours and well worth my money. Sure the game and some of the decisions to put certain game mechanics in are not perfect but then again which game is? The game launched with major hickups but the important thing is not that they fucked it up but how they fixed it.
They are one of the few developers that actually take the time to support the game for many years to come and to make it better. I know of no other developer that improves the game with every patch and delete or add major things to do so. I believe the new expansion will take Diablo 3 in the right direction in terms of rewards and customization.
We shall see.

Watching that trailer makes me feel... old. I mean I need to be a kid to get hyped with such a "features". Adventure Mode, Bounties, Unlocked Waypoints, Clan support, Enchanting? Sounds more like a patch, there's nothing that could change my mind about the game. "Death awaits"? Dude, I'm to old for that...

Watching that trailer makes me feel... old. I mean I need to be a kid to get hyped with such a "features". Adventure Mode, Bounties, Unlocked Waypoints, Clan support, Enchanting? Sounds more like a patch, there's nothing that could change my mind about the game. "Death awaits"? Dude, I'm to old for that...

I disagree with some you said. If the new feautures do not appeal to you thats fine but it is NOT simply a patch. A patch is something that fixes a crash or broken mechanic. Adding new content, new classes and environments is an EXPANSION.

Let a game be a game. People have such high standards these days.... We used to be content with just jumping on some stone blocks till mushrooms came out.

You keep mentioning that lately. Have you hit a midlife crisis Seir?

Adding new content, new classes and environments is an EXPANSION.

I remember when COD4 patch 1.4 came out with new levels (Winter Crash etc.). It was in late 2007. Things changed now. I guess some developers will make things sound like a new features even if it's just a small add-on. Some of the new features are huge but it's like with Apple. They added a Copy/Paste function to iPhone 3G after the patch and it was a massive hurray feature but actually it's a shame it wasn't in the 1st release version.

I'm not saying you're wrong with the naming of that add-on. I think that the content of this "whatever it is" is a bit bullshit and you have to be a fan to get hyped. For me expansion or DLC is worth my money when it actually gives something different (ex. Fallout 3 - Mothership Zeta or Operation Anchorage).

I really don't get why Diablo 3 gets so much flak. I have enjoyed it for many many hours and well worth my money. Sure the game and some of the decisions to put certain game mechanics in are not perfect but then again which game is? The game launched with major hickups but the important thing is not that they fucked it up but how they fixed it.

They are one of the few developers that actually take the time to support the game for many years to come and to make it better. I know of no other developer that improves the game with every patch and delete or add major things to do so. I believe the new expansion will take Diablo 3 in the right direction in terms of rewards and customization.

We shall see.

Put it simply: The game is just not fun. The core elements of the game are not fun. The environments are not fun. Whenever I play Diablo III all I get is frustrated, and that is hopefully not what Blizzard intended. So, again, why bother when there are games out there that actually figured out what Diablo III should have played like?

And the argument that no other game is perfect is void - I enjoy games for what they are. The notion of a perfect game is laughable, but if I can't even enjoy it then why in the world would I play it let alone waste money on "improvements"? I'm not here to hate on it (although I am glad that Jay Wilson is off the team), but my viewpoint is purely pragmatic. I don't want to waste time on something that I'm not enjoying, and D3 seems far from anything I'd ever want to play.

We shall see.

Put it simply: The game is just not fun. The core elements of the game are not fun. The environments are not fun. Whenever I play Diablo III all I get is frustrated, and that is hopefully not what Blizzard intended. So, again, why bother when there are games out there that actually figured out what Diablo III should have played like?

This is by no means fact. This is your opinion which I respect and surely if you feel the game is not for you then that is great. 

However I do not see you point out what it is that you do not like about Diablo 3? What do you expect from Diablo 3? Have you ever played the predecessors of Diablo 3? Did you like those?

I never stated it as fact. I posted it as an opinion, because it is. I'm not here to say it can't be fun for others, but it's not fun for me. Therefore I'm not going to play it.

I LOVED Diablo II and Diablo II: LoD, and they're still up there with mythical status for me. Diablo III is just in no way the game I had expected from their previous bash with the Diablo franchise. But I guess that's because Diablo II was by and large developed by Blizzard North with different design principles than Blizzard Irvine. I used to go back every 2-3 years to Diablo II even after I stopped playing it, to complete challenges in terms of trading and MF to get a specific item I had set out for myself. There's no way I ever want to do that in Diablo III.

As an addendum, I already posted what I guess could be considered a review earlier in this thread, going in depth critically about what made Diablo II a great game and why Diablo III is mediocre at best. Again, not fact (as is also nowhere stated), purely an opinion. Feel free to go back and read that.

Edited by Sentura

As an addendum, I already posted what I guess could be considered a review earlier in this thread, going in depth critically about what made Diablo II a great game and why Diablo III is mediocre at best. Again, not fact (as is also nowhere stated), purely an opinion. Feel free to go back and read that.

I didn't go that far back into the topic but I just did. Having read this totally makes me understand why you do not like it.

And hell I'll even admit I agree with you on the loot, but still I enjoyed the game.

What I liked about the game:

-Graphics. 

-Killing monsters with a melee character felt right. The attacks actually felt heavy and damaging

-Auto pickup for gold

-Randomised environment (dungeons)

-Random world events (sidequests)

What I didn't like as much about the game:

-Flimsy story

-Going through the story 4 friggin times in order to unlock all your abilities and the higher difficulties.

-Upgrading the Blacksmith and Gemsmith / Crafting in general. Being able to craft new items from found recipes is a nice idea but the cost of crafting that item were ridiculous. On top of that the stats on that particular item were random as well which made it useless to me.

I still enjoyed Diablo 3 till the end and I really hope the new expansion will bring that which you currently miss in the game.

Edited by Dennispls

Speaking strictly PC, I'll take Diablo 2 over Diablo 3 any day. Buuuuuuut....

My wife and I just finished our couch co-op sessions of D3 on the 360 the other night, and holy shit that feels like the definitive version of Diablo III. So, so good. We had a blast, and will probably tear through it another time or two before we end up co-oping through D3+Reaper of Souls on PS4. High fives all around!

Just read what they are planning. I'm convinced to give this a try:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11516518/?utm_content=news-textlink&utm_medium=launcher&utm_source=internal&utm_campaign=d3

Especially this is a gamechanger for me:

These modes can be accessed at any time, and you're welcome to switch between them whenever you please. In addition, we've unlocked all difficulty levels, giving you even more control over your in-game experience. Don't want to play through the story four times on each of your characters? Done. Looking to farm in Adventure Mode at one difficulty, then switch over to Campaign Mode at a different difficulty? You've got it.

What do I need to do for an alpha key :)

Thank you HP!

PS: No fellatio was involved!

Edited by SpronyvanJohnson