• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow so they finally admit it. That video made my eyes roll so hard they fell out of my skull. "at the core of the diablo experience is the promise of killing shit to get shit and the auction house too

Surely as you get older "death awaits" becomes more relevant?

Feels great to finally be able to talk about what I'm working on! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/   dux, if you liked Diablo 2 (gameplay wise) you'll find some really great things here. If

I just skimmed through and read a few parts, but a couple thoughts about the bosses I have to say:

- Bosses are too easy, personally I liked the boss fights in D2 far better because they actually presented a challenge (so far in D3 I have never lost a boss fight, or died in one). Consider the old bosses, Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, Baal, even from Diablo 1 The Butcher; none of these bosses were so simple and easy. Part of this is due to a design issue (I think); because boss fights were made into events which you had to complete start to finish with out dying the bosses were made to be much more predictable and easier to evade than they used to be. I preferred the challenge of fighting a sincerely difficult battle and sometimes having to flee up the stairs and plan my entrance once again. This often involved using town portals which are no longer a valid form of escape; I do like that they are not an object you must find or buy, but it would be more interesting if I had say a 'Scroll of Escape' which acts like an old town portal for a time. I wish the bosses involved more strategy, and actually felt like a real accomplishment to beat. Although, I must admit the difference in difficulty from melee characters to ranged is huge, and thus killing Belial with my Barb is more satisfying than killing him with my Witch Doctor. That, is a design flaw if you ask me; instead of just having predictable attack patterns the bosses AI could have been better, if it were made to consider fighting ranged or melee a little bit more (there was some of this behavior, but nothing more than spawn a couple bugs beside them, Diablo did teleport, but not much). Also, I found that when I fought bosses with my friend it was stunningly easy, it was like the boss did not scale in strength or difficulty at all. Essentially I wish there was more strategy involved in tackling a boss.

- Boss fights lack potential atmosphere. This is mainly a gripe against the use of The Butcher, while I enjoyed him (as I do the entire game really) I found myself remembering how scary The Butcher used to be. In the first Diablo the dungeon atmosphere made it difficult to see very far, but you could here enemies and some could even attack you from outside your vision. When you got near The Butcher, before you could see him he would say his line "AH FRESH MEAT!". The fact that I just heard something unfamiliar and threatening that I can't see built up a tension, it created great atmosphere. I just wish that they had tried to create more atmosphere like the older games did, there was a lot of potential for The Butcher to have some amazing build up.

But as usual, still a fun game. ;)

I ended up writing my thoughts on the forums if any one interesting in reading it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5745444985

The problem with those forums is if you write anything constructive it's answered by 12yr olds :(

Welcome to every official forum ever.

That's usually why I never make a proper post because I know it'll just get lost amongst the "Blizzard failed and diablo 3is dead" posts.

Badly written rant from 4chan or something similiar. Still entertaining though and it does have valid points. Don't read if you haven't finished the game yet:

VILLAGERS: OMG THE UNDEAD ARE RISING

LEAH: ITS JUST UNCLE DECKARDS CRAZY STORIES

*VILLAGER GETS HEAD EATEN OFF

LEAH: AGAIN, JUST STORIES, I ASSURE YOU

*NAKED OUT OF PLACE WITCH DOCTOR SHOWS UP

LEAH: I TOTALLY TRUST YOU COMPLETELY, LETS GO FIND UNCLE DECKARD

LEAH: LOOK THERE HE IS, FELL DOWN 100 FEET OR SO BUT HES FINE

*EVERYONE GOES BACK TO TOWN

DECKARD CAIN: RANDOM WITCH DOCTOR, GO KILL THE SKELETON KING, HE RESURRECTED JUST BECAUSE THIS ENTIRE ACT IS A DIABLO 1997 REFERENCE

WITCH DOCTOR: K

*WITCH DOCTOR KILLS SKELETON KING AND FINDS A NAKED BLACK MAN

WITCH DOCTOR: YO DECKARD, I FOUND THIS NAKED BLACK DUDE

DECKARD CAIN: K GO FIND HIS SWORD PIECES

WITCH DOCTOR: Y????

DECKARD CAIN: DUNNO LMAO, JUST A GUESS

*MAGDA SHOWS UP

MAGDA: I COME FROM WORLD OF WARCRAFT TO DESTROY U

WITCH DOCTOR: K LMAO ALREADY GOT THE SWORD PIECES

MAGDA: DAMN!!!!! ILL JUST GO STEAL THAT NAKED BLACK DUDE AND PROLONG THIS ACT FOR NO REASON

*SHOOTS FIRE AT CAIN, STEALS BLACK MAN

LEAH: STORIES KILLED MY UNCLE!!!!!!!!!

WITCH DOCTOR: PRETTY SURE MAGDA DID, NUB

*WITCH DOCTOR RUNS TO SAVE BLACK MAN

WITCH DOCTOR: OMG THE BUTCHER, ANOTHER POINTLESS RESURRECTION OF A 1997 DIABLO CHARACTER WITH NO EXPLANATION

BUTCHER: AH FRESH MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!

*BUTCHER DIES, BLACK MAN SAVED

TYRAEL: YO HERE I AM FOOL

WITCH DOCTOR: WHY U BLACK NOW DOG?

TYRAEL: TOKEN BLACK ANGEL LMAOOOOO

*GOES TO ACT 2

VILLAGERS: OMG THE PRINCE SENT ALL THE GUARDS AWAY

WITCH DOCTOR: HE MUST BE BELIAL IN DISGUISE

LEAH: NO, NO WAY, LET'S GO ON A POINTLESS QUEST TO DO A BUNCH OF CRAP DESPITE THE FACT THAT WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON.

ADRIA: HEY DAUGHTER SUP

LEAH: OH HEY MOMS, JUST MORE STORIES TEEHEE

ADRIA: WE MUST GET THE BLACK SOULSTONE USING THIS OLD HORADRIM DUDE THAT CREATED IT

*WITCH DOCTOR RECOVERS THE SOULSTONE:

WITCH DOCTOR: WAIT, HOW DID THE SOULS OF THE OTHER 5 DEMONS GET IN HERE ALREADY?

ADRIA: DON'T WORRY BOUT IT DOG... CHRIS METZEN

WITCH DOCTOR: GOT IT!

BELIAL: I AM THE WORST LIAR EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

WITCH DOCTOR: WE KNOW

*CAPTURES SOUL

*GOES TO ACT 3

AZMODAN: YO DAWG, ATTACKING UR RAMPARTS

WITCH DOCTOR: THANKS FOR THE LEAD BRO

AZMODAN: HEY NP DAWG, ATTACKING UNDERNEATH NOW

WITCH DOCTOR: HEY DUDE THANKS AGAIN, COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT U

AZMODAN: ANYTIME, HEY COME TO MY PLACE SO WE CAN SMOKE SOME BLOW

*WITCH DOCTOR GOES TO THE HEART OF SIN

WITCH DOCTOR: YO I BROUGHT THE WEED

AZMODAN: SWEET DAWG, BEING A WARLORD IS TOUGH

WITCH DOCTOR: JK LMAO, GOT UR SOUL

*GOES BACK TO BASE

WITCH DOCTOR: OMG LEAH IS THE PRIIIIIIME EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

ADRIA: YEA PLANNED THIS 20 YEARS AGO DOG

WITCH DOCTOR: BUT, AGAIN, HOW DID U GET ALL THE SOULS IN HERE IF YOU JUST NOW GOT THE BLACK SOULSTONE?

ADRIA: CHRIST METZEN

WITCH DOCTOR: GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!

*GOES TO ACT 4

DIABLO: WELCOME TO MY REALM OF TEAR-OR!!!!!!!!! I AM THE PRIME EEEEVILLLLL

WITCH DOCTOR: WHY DON'T YOU LOOK LIKE A COMBINATION OF ALL THE EVILS THEN???

DIABLO: I DUNNO... ASK CHRIS METZEN

DIABLO: CAN YOU TELL I'M A GIRL THIS GAME??? I CAN'T STOP TALKINGGGGGGG

DIABLO: LOOK TYRAEL, UR OWN LIEUTENANT

TYRAEL: WAIT, HOW DID IZUAL COME BACK?

DIABLO: CHRIS METZEN MADE IT HAPPENNNNNNNNNN

IZUAL: I AM BACK FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASONNNNNNN

*IZUAL DIES

DIABLO: HE WAS USELESS ANYWAY, COEM KILL MEEEEE

*WITCH DOCTOR ENTERS REALM OF TERROR

DIABLO: WELCOME TO MY REALM OF TEAR-ORRRRRR, NO ONE HAS EVER ESCAPED

*DIABLO DIES

TYRAEL: WE DID IT BOYS... ANGELS.... AND MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ended up writing my thoughts on the forums if any one interesting in reading it.

The problem with those forums is if you write anything constructive it's answered by 12yr olds :(

To compare your rings, hold the alt key to see the other one :)

Did not know you could do that... thanks! I've just been switching the rings i'm wearing to test them :P

To compare your rings, hold the alt key to see the other one :)

Tip of the day! cheers :monkey: