Diablo 3

JohnC

But even if you wanted to play it single player the only sensible way was online in a private game. Because if you do decide to play co-op later (or PvP, lulz), you would have to make a whole new character.

Sensible to you because you want to play online. I had no qualms with making a new character for online play in D2 as you needed to do that anyway when the ladder reset. If I felt like grinding until the end of time, my bnet character was waiting for me. If I wanted to emerge my self in the game and make my self believe the story, my single player characters were there.

I personally don't care about having to always be connected to play the game, single player or not, but I also think it's plain stupid. Internet is never 100% reliable and you shouldn't be held hostage by outages for a game mode that requires no connection to a server.

My enthusiasm for this game is meh at the moment.

instead of being angry at blizzard for requiring internet connection, you should be angry at not having an internet connection at wherever you want to play.

right, not taking into account that ubiquitous systems usually require a lot of battery power to maintain a steady internet connection, which may not even be stable everywhere you go. but yeah we should all be angry at internet providers that can't provide proper internet simply because the technology isn't there, whereas a game company that chooses to go with a full on network design in a time where it just isn't possible everywhere should not be debated. please stop the rabid fanboyism.

i'm not saying per se that they're bad decisions, i am sure they are rooted in either complex equations or arguments. but that doesn't mean we shouldn't still look out for decisions that are created because of shortsightedness.

Would you be comfortable with calling your car manufacturer every time you had to drive your car? They could control the access you have to your car, and hey, everyone has a cellphone and cell signal is so common right?

Analogies aside, I think its stupid to need constant internet connection for SP games. I don't mind activating it online, and if the game is online, than that's ok... but SP? Even steam has an offline mode.

oh right, wireless internet is 100% stable and widely accessible, especially in airplanes and rural areas.

How many people in airplanes seriously have enough room, flight time, and hardware/battery power to game?

How many people in rural areas actually do anything that involves the mental acuity necessary to do more than tip cows and drink moonshine for fun?

yes lets do analogies with hardware to software, it always works so great, like for instance:

I bet that if i could ctrl+c & ctrl+v that fiiiiiiiine audi a6 thats parked outside then suddenly audi would insist that you'd have to have a constant internet connection in order to drive their cars.

i'm with sentura on this.

i moved apartment, had very bad mobile internet, couldn't get proper net so had to make do with what i could get.

i bought splinter cell conviction, a nice single player game to help me pass the time. it required a constant net connection, and not just a small amount, but it ran so manychecks, so often, that my little mobile device couldn't keep up.

i was unable to play a game i paid for because ubisoft are implementors of draconian drm.

if i had stolen their fucking game i wouldn't have had to put up with that shit.

so here's hoping D3 gets cracked to fuck :oops:

...and im guessing you are not in any way furious about your lack of decent internet connection (which should be a fucking civil right like electricity and water!), or your lack of judgement when you failed to read the small white text on your game that clearly stated that it needed an internet connection?

Hey I'm not saying its a good thing that you need internet connection to play some games, but i'm sure as hell not gonna whine about it because my computer is connected to the internet 100% of the time. And those times its not, then... no wait, its always connected. I cant even recall the last time i didn't have stable internet.