Anyone tried Haze

Ascard

I had all sorts of poor expectations on it given the long delays for it, and I was actually surprised those were only surpassed by the sheer disappointment of every single review I've read. Not looking forward to ever trying it.

At work, we have different boards where we post articles and reviews on all games published by Ubisoft. Haze is currently up on the one next to my desk, and I hope everyone who stops and reads those will remember what not to do in their next projects...

All free radical had to do was release another time splitters with a good online component and it would've been the best console fps ever.

The first time I saw videos of this game awhile back all that I could think of was "meh". I don't plan on bothering with it. It's a shame though. I don't know how this happened given Free Radical's track record.

I played the demo, and I dont see why everyone ripped on it so bad. The enviroments were static, and the enemies where at times hard to spot from a distance, but overall I found it entertaining. Granted this was my first freeradical game i played and I had no expectations. I'll probably still pick it up because I've been hurtin for some good coop games and the 4player splitscreen was fun in the demo, and frankly I dont really care if the games super great looking. Personally Crysis for example was a dissapointment, mostly because I wasnt really sold on the core game (the suit and overall game setting) While I liked the ideas they put into haze, I think its somthing different, and somthing they could probably improve on quite a bit next time.

My next question is why are they comparing it to crysis? Yea its the best looking fps to come out so far, but its two different systems... Why didnt they compare it to something from the same system like UT3, Uncharted, or Army of 2? All of those would probably fit for a better comparison, because the ps3 is still a pretty new system, Im not surprised they havnt been able to get everything crysis has goin for it because few companies probably CAN get that kind of stuff running on a ps3 right now. In a year or so I bet more stuff will get closer once people can use the cell processor better. I dont think many console games will ever beable to look better then the equivilant pc title. I think people are getting to be way to critical...

lol that was the kind of reply i was expecting tbh... its a shame, and yet i still feel drawn lol

this months edge refered to its graphics along the lines of embarisingly reminiscent of last gen

though again I don't think there bad, defo not as bad as ppl make out, and ut3 is still a failed comparison that game is 'gorgeus' mixed with 'phwoar' and a little bit of *drool* for a suprisingly low spec

You missed out on time splitters, it played really well

From the demo, I thought it was a fairly competent shooter. The guns feel good, the hud/visor stuff is nicely done and shooting at guys is generally fun. I found the AI moved around quite a bit when I attempted to flake them, didn't seem as bad as I had read about.

It does have some really low resolution textures throughout the environment, though. Also, some of the dialogue felt a little forced, but it's hard to judge the story stuff when you're dropped into the middle of the game.

I find it a little difficult to believe it's a sub 5.0 game based on the demo.

Also, some of the dialogue felt a little forced

Yea, the dialogue was awful for alot of it, but it seemed like a comical bad. Kinda like the mercinaries in FarCry shouting lines like "I'm gunna shoot you in the face!" and "I'll fix your little red wagon!" So if anything the dialogue makes me want to get it more because I can laugh at it and have a overall good time when playing.