Sign in to follow this  
zaphod

Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

This game has got me whoring my friends list so they check it out....and I've not even tried it yet....

We were playing dod 1.3 yesterday for fun and played on zafod and I immediately told everyone in game to check Zero Gear....

Congrats on the release zaphod! I tried it for a bit last night, and it's a very polished release.

Here's some feedback to add to the pile :

The circuit racing tracks feel very very big. Since the karts handle so well (small turning radius) the roads are so wide that there's a very small chance of fucking up and going off track, and obstacles such as bombs are super-easy to avoid. So once you're in the lead, there's a good chance you'll never see any of your competitors until the race is over and you've won.

I'd recommend experimenting with scaling down the circuit tracks to 75% or less, making them smaller and tighter, which would hopefully lead to more fuckups and tighter groups of karts.

Also, for circuit races, maybe adding a timer or something which shows how far ahead you are/how far behind the kart behind you is at every checkpoint. That way you know if you're gaining on whoever is in front and what's happening behind you. Since the karts are so small and the tracks are so big, it's hard to judge if you're making any progress at all in catching up.

Oh, and for the ice cube powerup, when you're hit by that thing and sitting inside your cube waiting, it would be cool if you could add some sort of vibration to the cube as it gets closer to cracking, since right now it's very frustrating sitting there waiting without knowing how long until it breaks.

Anyway, congrats again on the release. I'll definetly buy the game and support you, since you're doing something that I hope to do some day in the future! :)

Been pimping this game to all my friends any chance I got, and I just now bought it. I've had a blast, but mostly playing the fun game modes. I have to agree some of the tracks seem a bit big and eventless, but others are completely fine. Maybe it's a matter of taste. The puck game mode is hilarious, and watching the puck turn on it's side and run around the course by itself after I punchglove punched it was hilarious. There seems to be a bit of lag, and pretty horribly so, but I might have gotten a bad server.

But that aside, the game is awesome :) Good job.

And I'll continue pimping it out, if only to be able play it at LAN parties. I imagine there'll be shits, giggles and shenanigans.