Sign in to follow this  
zaphod

Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

putting the finishing touches on for the very first test build of the garage to go to the folks already creating stuff! My default character right now is Baron Von Evelsok

evilsock.jpg

I have mostly been focusing on Polycount since they have been pretty active about making stuff for the game, but we have opened up the garage editor to anybody who can show some progress on working on karts / characters / hats / accessories already.

If you are working on something, go register at the ZG forums and PM marshmonkey with a shot or two of what you are doing.

if you are interested in making something but don't know where to start, information is not all in one place yet - but you can either fish around in this polycount thread or you can start reading through the Zero Gear Wiki I am in the middle of writing.

I have been spending a lot of time polishing up the tracks in our game in preparation for the race mode that Brian is working on. One of the fun parts is adding particles to the level, here is a shot of the mine from Spaghetti West with lots of glowy particles.

mine.jpg

Brian wrote a new blog post today titled "The Secret of Zero Gear". An excerpt -

I'll tell you a secret, Zero Gear is not a kart racing game."

in non-blog-posted news, I am currently polishing our 3 race tracks - Spaghetti West, Champion Circuit, and Chill Mountain. And hope to have some fly/drive through video of each of them soon.

Brian is toiling away on the race mode game rules and system, as well as tweaking some of the vehicle physics setup as we come to better grips with the different types of terrain people will run into.

*edit* finally got around to downloading some of the items other people have been making, here is a get-up made with some of them:

hotrot.jpg

I expected that blog post to read "It's an M&S kart racing game."

This probably isn't the best place to ask, but what happened to DevBump? I noticed my RSS feeds haven't been loading for a looong time and I just get errors on the site.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Pretty pathetic that I don't know how long it has been that way. I have so little time these days that devbump has slid towards the bottom of my priority list. :(

As I have been promising for some time now we finally have a new video for everyone. This video showcases our initial 3 race maps that we are working hard to outfit with all the gameplay gears and gadgets that Brian is developing as we speak. These will be 3 of the 5 maps that we plan to have for our first beta release.

trackvid.jpg

by the way, if you are interested in being in our initial beta, you might want to join our steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/zerogear