D3ads

What have you purchased recently?

Did you need to pay extra money for those in-game items? I really regret pre-ordering L4D2 for that stupid baseball bat. Everyone has access to it now?!

No, if you pre order Rage you get those extra items, that's all.

logitech-g930-wireless-gaming-headset.jpg

Were these worth the price? I was just looking at them because I need a nice headset with awesome sound quality but I'm not sure if I feel like dropping a decent amount of cash for a headset.

logitech-g930-wireless-gaming-headset.jpg

Were these worth the price? I was just looking at them because I need a nice headset with awesome sound quality but I'm not sure if I feel like dropping a decent amount of cash for a headset.

So far I like them a lot. It hasn't been a perfect experience (see below), but overall they're the best headphones I've ever owned (including the Medusa 5.1 headset they're replacing).

Pros:

- VERY comfortable, even with my big head and glasses

- It doesn't sound like you're listening to headphones when using them. I had to keep taking them off because I thought the sound was coming from my speakers (it wasn't)

- Sound quality is very crisp and clear

- The surround sound is pretty amazing for the most part - the rear surround doesn't truly sound like it's coming from behind me, but all other channels are spot on.

- USB dongle connection allows me to keep my normal speakers plugged in so I can stick to using headphones only for when I can't be blasting full volume throughout the house.

- The range on the headphones is amazing. My computer is on the opposite end of the house from my back patio, and if I stand by the back door, I can still pick up a signal and hear everything clear as day.

Cons:

- Software set up was a total PITA. My advice, skip installing the software from the CD and just download the latest Logitech gaming software. It didn't recognize the headphones the first time, but a quick uninstall/reinstall fixed it.

- Some games with heavy bass cause a crackling distortion at high volumes (I listen to these way too loudly sometimes). Crysis 2 is the worst offender in this category. I've tried several workarounds, but I think it may be wireless network interference - won't know for sure until I have CAT5 run through the house and can stop using wireless.

- If you don't switch headphones to stereo mode when listening to a stereo source like Youtube or a stereo MP3, there's a subtle reverb effect from the sound virtualization. This can be fixed simply by flipping the switch on the side of the headphones, but it's still annoying.

I imagine for the price tag, you're looking for a perfectly working as-is experience out of the box, which you won't get with these - they require tweaking due to poor software, but once you get them running and tweaked, they sound amazing.