D3ads

What have you purchased recently?

I've used this keyboard and mouse combo for work for a few months now. I use the mouse for gaming on my regular PC, because it is much better than the cheaper wireless laser logitech I normally use with it. It is my favorite mouse I've used. Really solidly built and comfortable (size, shape, weight) for me. Battery life is ~2 months. Works on any surface, huge range. I can be anywhere in my apartment, even rooms away with doors shut, and it still works. The keyboard is quite nice, one of the nicest feeling keyboards I've ever used - for typing/work - I'll let you know how it does for gaming once I get my rig together. I think I remember something about certain three-key combos causing issues/not working. Might have been some other keyboard, but something to look into if that concerns you. I don't do any three-key combos.

I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I have never really felt like my mouse was hindering my gaming once we got beyond ball mice... I often read complaints about some wireless mice being laggy or unresponsive, I've never experienced it.. Or complaints about non-gaming mice having less resolution than gaming mice.. again, never noticed it. Maybe I have to use a true gaming mouse to realize it?

Maybe I'm a slow gamer or something, but this is from logitech's website:

"Keep in mind, however, that we haven’t designed the first two mice with Darkfield Laser Tracking for gamers or for those working on laboratory-grade clean glass.

If you’re making lighting-fast maneuvers and need gaming-grade cursor speed, take a look at the Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse."

ive been using an i-rocks rf-6570 wireless keyboard (its a combo with a mouse but i dont like the mouse) in conjunction with a logitech lx-8 mouse for my wireless needs. provided the mouse's receiver is pointed in the right way, they both work awesome. i havent even replaced the batteries in the kb and ive had it for nearly 2 years and i recharge the mouse's batteries once every few months over night.

MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX

622728-a.jpg

The graphics card I have now (GT 260) is crashing my pc after approximately 1 hour of gaming and it has ruined Crysis 2 for me, and I REFUSE IT TO RUIN PORTAL 2 AS WELL.

I just hope it was the graphics card that was the problem :P

MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX

622728-a.jpg

The graphics card I have now (GT 260) is crashing my pc after approximately 1 hour of gaming and it has ruined Crysis 2 for me, and I REFUSE IT TO RUIN PORTAL 2 AS WELL.

I just hope it was the graphics card that was the problem :P

goddamn, two fans? My PC is already noisy as hell don't need more fans messing it up.

First Apple product evar!

Apple iPad 2 (Teh White One!)

ipad-2-white1.jpg

i have purchased this thing as well for my mother (16GB wifi). i am sick of fixing her computer when all she does is writing emails, surfing the web and taking photos with her camera. perfect device for non-tech people :)

i have purchased this thing as well for my mother (16GB wifi). i am sick of fixing her computer when all she does is writing emails, surfing the web and taking photos with her camera. perfect device for non-tech people :)

I've bought this primarily for my mum and dad too! Since I'm at work for most of the day, I'll only be using it for a short while in the late evening when I'm back home and a bit on the weekends.

Hah yeah, we bought an original iPad for my mom too, she's absolutely loving it. My dad just bought an iPad 2 because my mom was tired of him using hers all the time :)

Cyber Seniors!

Picked up an iPod Touch 8 gig model over the weekend. After trying out Dead Space on the iPad and checking out the Epic Citadel, I'm sold on the prospect of quality titles for mobile. 8)