• Europe
    • Asia
    • Australia
    • Africa

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America, home of the arrogant fucktards (also known as the George Bush administration). I wish I never left Britain...

Soon as I graduate from uni, I'm leaving. Going to try either Canada or the Netherlands. (unless the next president is someone like David Palmer [yeah, right...])

I have dual citizenship, so I can go back to Britain free of charge! :D

I live in Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA atm. I guess my above posts sounded a little harsh towards the US. I really just want to leave to see what else it out there in terms of "freedom". The way the politics in the US seems to be heading these days, Americans seem to have less and less freedom every day. The mentality seems to be "sue everyone because you can". I've almost been sued twice for defamation when telling a joke that some people just cant take because they're too "sensitive".

Also the increase in surviellence around the US these days, what with Bush approving the use of UAVs over anywhere in the US, the country seems to be heading the way of Orwell's 1984. I would really like to see IBM release there new hardware encryption processor that has no back door, but the NSA will never let that get anywhere near the public until a back door is put in.

I could just be young and stupid, but I just feel uncomfortable doing everything these days. I even feel uncomfortable opening up a file-sharing program to download linux distributions. I'm not trying to start a whole "THE US SUCKS" kinda thing. There are some good things about the US, but everything seems to be leaning towards the worse and worse.

But this isnt the political forum, so I wont drab on about it, plus this whole moving to Canada thing is probably just all talk on my part anyway. I still want to get a dual citizenship, so that way I can at least see what living in another country is like. I might hate it, I might love it, but I wont know until I do it.

Sorry to mods for the political sounding post. I hope I didnt just turn this thread into a political debate.

[i've edited this post enough, time to get back to work]

I want to retire to Alaska, because I love snow, theres plenty of Huskies, and nobody gives a shit about it. I wouldnt want to live there while I'm working, because I cant imagine there would be plenty of employment opportunities for a web designer or programmer.

I think the biggest difference with Europe and the US is that here its not all about the money :)

Thats the primary reason why I want to leave. The RIAA wouldnt be sueing all their consumers if it wasnt about the money. The RIAA made about $100 million last year from lawsuits alone. I'm sick of everything being about the money. Thats why I try to release all my work as open source (problem is, I just need to finish something so I can release it :roll: )

I want to retire to Alaska, because I love snow, theres plenty of Huskies, and nobody gives a shit about it. I wouldnt want to live there while I'm working, because I cant imagine there would be plenty of employment opportunities for a web designer or programmer.

I think the biggest difference with Europe and the US is that here its not all about the money :)

Thats the primary reason why I want to leave. The RIAA wouldnt be sueing all their consumers if it wasnt about the money. The RIAA made about $100 million last year from lawsuits alone. I'm sick of everything being about the money. Thats why I try to release all my work as open source.

Agree totally.

• 2 months later...

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.