[ WIP ] DoD_Gassenhauer

Sector-Effector

Hi Y´all.

This is Michael "Sector-Effector" Gömmel and I´d like present you a quick overview of my current CAMP project "DOD_GASSENHAUER"

Gassenhauer is a working title. The project started by the end of 2007 and im working on it full steam since February.

The current state is Prebeta, so I am aware of many visual glitches such as lighting and unfunky use of textures. I will be "boxing" in most of the buildings

to make them look destroyed and scatter rubble to create better cover for assaults over the open spaces. Regard the buildings without windows as already kaputt.

Right now, I am finalizing the Area_Portals and Cubemaps to then start implementing custom Materials. Playtests will be commencing soon. The intendended release is end of May ( Valve Time ).

Layout:

JVUPSaDu.jpg

A simplified view of the layout. It hope it´s not too confusing. The Lines depict the possible paths. I want to create a lot of possibilities especially for clans who work as a team and coordinate their assaults ( Deckungsgruppe! Feuer Marsch Marsch! ). Playtests will show if this works out. As of now, I think the map is suitable for 20+ players. As you can see, the paths show a lot of similarities, so do the sectors and buildings. Every building has a counterpart that performs the same gameplay function. Pretty basic I admit :]

Screenshots:

TBRkfrbW.jpg

Allied Square

d1VFBf9.jpg

Allied Square

YzRKxd3V.jpg

Axis Square

eooTP3Q.jpg

Axis Square

QEJT4wST.jpg

Piazza Ost

kiOzvVmK.jpg

Piazza Ost

RXttaElt.jpg

Middle

fFu3WI4I.jpg

Middle

HELL2WTN.jpg

Piazza West

GE0h7J4t.jpg

Piazza West

swOTbMfg.jpg

Konnektor A

LgSfpye.jpg

Konnektor A

ezfj3hQI.jpg

Konnektor B

qRfVZrW3.jpg

Konnektor B

Cheers,

Michael

heh

although you could say this map lacks detail, i must say i like this map. 1) it reminds me of dod 2) it has a consistent style 3) your layout looks very well thought out and well balanced (GJ) and 4) the open areas look like they could provoke some interesting firefights :)

oh, and i like your name :D

Sector!!!

good to see you back around the boards, no more sniping?:]

layout looks solid!, bit to early to comment on the visuals

That?

5vJ2mEnh.jpg

At least I can say I was an OFFICIAL AWP whore! w00t!

Nah, left the Army 2 Years ago, then studied for 3 Semesters in Munich and aborted it to have time to map.

The Map is still pretty early pimpificationwise since I spent most of the time with the layout and getting back into the basics.

The size is roughly 2 x DoD_Flash

Check PM my beloved Menkey ^_^

@JeanPaul: Cheers, your comment was just in time. Spent today working on exactly what you said.

Cheers,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...