Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

STALKER: Clear Sky

Ah and its obviously not CS screenshot lol

How does someone that hasn't played it tell

The hud's really different. The CS hud has a geiger counter meter on the bottom right, and little markers for the things that popped up out of nowhere in SHOC like the bleeding and radiated icons on the right side above the health and armor bars.

Yes, and stop even bringing up that OL mod too. Its piece of junk.

Ah and its obviously not CS screenshot lol

The only thing about OL that sounds good is reintroducing the cut mutants. I saw a screenshot of the dwarf mutant a few months ago and I was all like :monocle:

Luckily someone linked me to this:

http://www.metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/

Bugfix mod for SHOC.

Unluckily, my video card exploded today. :cry: Most advanced game my computer can play now is Xcom.

I cant get to the dark forest. My game crashes a few seconds after going through the transition, no matter which way i enter it :mad:.. Guess i have to wait for 1.2 now, whenever that's coming out...

I cant get to the dark forest. My game crashes a few seconds after going through the transition, no matter which way i enter it :mad:.. Guess i have to wait for 1.2 now, whenever that's coming out...

Red Forest you mean? Which patch/game version are you on and is it a Retail, DD or :cthulhu: ?

This helps me in getting equal load on all 4 cores.

As you can see we have 100% load on 1st CPU core and 0-10% on 2nd and so on with multicores CPU used. Just want add some hint about this trouble:

- start game and wait for intro start playing or game menu displayed

- press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC for call Task Manager (if it doesn't try ALT+TAB, WINKEY or CTRL+ALT+DEL and start it way you do)

- in Task Manager go to "processes tab" and find xrEngine.exe press RMB on it then select "Affinity" - you will see that all cores are used

- unselect all cores except 1st press "OK"

- now enter xrEngine.exe Affinity settings again and select all cores back to use then press "OK"

- press ALT+TAB to switch back in STALKER process

- now play and see the difference on ingame cores load - on AMD/Intel multicore CPUs i have seen 50-70% for

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=725684

L33t programming

Edit, also, from tweakguides:

After spending a couple more days in the Clear Sky game world, I can now confirm that the issue we discussed earlier in this thread about FPS at certain times of day (e.g. here) is definitely related to Sun Rays.

For some reason, every morning at around 6.00am to around 8-9.00am, the game seems to suddenly switch on the sun ray effect - note that it's only available in the two new 'Enhanced Full Dynamic Lighting' modes (DX9 and DX10). While this gives the morning a very beautiful look, it absolutely saps performance on most machines. Then, as the sun rises beyond a certain point, all of a sudden the effect is turned off and FPS once again goes back to normal. Visually it's hard to tell when this occurs because there's no visible change, the 'switch' for sun rays seems to turn off a few minutes after the actual rays are no longer visible. More importantly, even if you can't see any sun rays (e.g. you're inside a building and there are no windows) the rays still sap your performance regardless, so it doesn't matter if you can see them or not.

The bottom line is that every day, around early morning, performance will be severely reduced. The reason this is of even greater concern is because the game starts on an early morning scene, and so everyone will be misled as to what their actual performance in the game is, if they use the two new Enhanced modes. Since sun rays can drop FPS by almost half, most people will start adjusting every setting downwards to get playable FPS in the morning scene, when in reality it's not representative of how the rest of the game plays.

So my advice is firstly to wait around 15 minutes of real time (or when the sun is around 30 degrees or higher in the sky) before seeing what your FPS is in the game after starting it, as that is what your 'real' FPS is going to be. Secondly, as I've noted earlier, there is a simple workaround to this issue, and that is to set the 'Sun Rays' setting to Medium or Low, and that instantly raises your FPS in the morning without greatly reducing/removing the visual quality of sun rays.

I'll have the guide out in a few days, but this was an important thing to note as we head towards the North American release, because otherwise everyone will complain of poor performance when they first fire up Clear Sky due to the Sun Rays.

:shifty: