Jump to content

Ordanicu

Members
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Posts posted by Ordanicu


  1. Hi everyone!

    After a rather long break I got back into it and remade a MAC-10 created last year. I noticed improvements in the way I work and I managed to squeeze in extra detail at little to no increase in polycount. The biggest poly eater is the spring in the back (1.5k tris) for which I made sure it does not affect the texture in the surrounding area so it can be removed without leaving any marks behind. The model has 13.1k tris (mac+silencer+ 4 rounds in the mag) or 11.6k if the spring is not being used.

    GifStill1.jpg.553c1851212e66a75186631b9671f815.jpg

    screenshot016.thumb.png.9a182d4857f072670f2b70031ee6face.png

    Back_Right.jpg.ab68ac9cf1313184c692c7ebd020b85a.jpg

    I was surprised to see the texture holding up so well in CSGO. Until now I never tried using a 4k in-game texture on the guns but being pressed by time I just went for it just so I don't delay the publishing by one more day.

    actual-UE4.jpg.cd6fb7a439f47e42e4d0535af8cbcd38.jpg

    Big thanks to the creator of de_ruby! https://www.mapcore.org/profile/17049-catfood/  It's an awesome looking map with great textures and art scattered all throughout the level. A really cool map for screenshots because of the unique design and the great textures.

    wireframe2.thumb.png.aef44a043f2bff64f83951fdfc89576a.png

     


  2. I updated the scene by adjusting the camera angle and position of the props. Another rather big change is the addition of color to the scene. Gone is the black on black theme that had no point of interest. Now there is more contrast and the pistols stand out form the background. Lighting also got a big improvement, shadows now better representing the position of the props.

    Rendered_Up.thumb.jpg.9198de514c2c87edc07c0ee2bf87f4cc.jpg

    Wireframe_Up.thumb.jpg.02ade93c3133747e42620a8feeb14c98.jpg


  3. With the pistol done and out of the way, I made a case for it and shortly after that, a 50 round ammo box that fits in just nicely next to the pistol and the mag.

    screenshot004.thumb.png.6f9aacaf3881791ccb619e15efa573fe.png

    screenshot009.png.ba8b728190a28cdca7231ef5bdc6eb3b.png

    screenshot010.png.c9593c644f50fce4f29a37a5b3d4c037.png

    screenshot012.png.7a4ddbf46262fa40551efa470b8ea10b.png

    In order to keep the level of detail up there, I made custom alpha masks and textures for both the case and the ammo box.

    casealpha.png.2710ca61dcea29eff9b6bca3c8c743af.png

    ammoboxcustom.png.2d3dea0b0180348b322c7cb089a44d2d.png

    If I learned anything from participating in this contest is the fact that scenes are extremely hard to light properly. I have a lot of respect for those that specialize in Level Design, it must be really hard to light a scene and make it feel alive.

    I hope you enjoyed reading through and I'm looking forward to hear what you guys think I could improve in my workflow and especially how I could improve the final scene.

    All the best,

    David

     

×
×
  • Create New...