Map is released!
Every feedback will be appreciated!
I'm working alone on one of the biggest projects in my life! I'm trying to make danger zone map. I want to show you some my work!
My idea is tropical style, I haven't seen similar style in CS:GO yet.
On the map you will be able to explore a lot of regions: beaches, tropical villages, bamboo platform, cliffs, and planning also some caves and more!
I realize, that there probably will be a lot of bugs, because It's very hard to make huge danger zone map without bugs, so I'm really looking for testers, if someone is interested in, just invite me on steam.
Models and textures some are self-made, and some I Have bought on sites with models
Here's some screenshots from some map regions
PS: I don't know if Valve support this mode already, but I love making open worlds! and I wanted to try myself.
The Specialist 2019 Source Mod Application Requirements:
1. You must have a job in real life and not enough time to join the Mod team and contribute anything. No jobless Liberals may join the team. I only want people to join my team who are currently being crushed by work life and unable to properly contribute. These are the only people in the world with value that can help me.
2. You must accept my tyrannical rule, I know better than all of you. I will overrule you. I am a carpenter and already skilled in telling people what to do. I could build 1000 houses in less time for Black Mesa to release a single update. Good things do not take decades to produce, these people are undisciplined and are not welcome to join my mod team. We landed on the moon in less time than Black Mesa took to release, that mod team can go fuck itself. That mindset can go fuck itself. No Socialists are welcome to join the mod team.
3. You must bitch and complain regularly about everything. I want back the old days where everyone had a brilliant idea that everyone else hated. No fucking Liberal ideas designed to appease everyone. This game is going to be fun for me first, and the rest of you second. You will be able to lone wolf, and win. I hope that makes you cry, Liberals. I'm going to STEAL MECKLENBURG AND RERELEASE IT.
4. I am going to take public domain contributions and repurpose them. Gun models, sounds, player models, ect. I'm not making a bunch of new shit for no reason. I'm also not asking anyone for their permission to redistribute, they can have attribution paid and that's it. Public domain. Time is money. If you take offense to this, you likely have no idea how to read a tape measure and are a Liberal.
5. Vino, unless he matches me dollar for dollar, is fired.
I was looking to pay a programmer to get the ball rolling so I could recreate The Specialist on Source. I'm only considering Source, no other engine is good enough — if you disagree I don't care you're probably clueless.
I wanted to use this as a starting point:
Because Double Action is dead, I want to take over where it left off and I want to strip some stuff out, add a few things, and focus on making it fun offline against bots. I just need a good programmer that I can afford, and I will fill in the rest with my own skill sets. The idea is to release the mod in a state where everyone can properly contribute to it, unlike DA which nobody can contribute to and is dead.
I'll pay for the following:
Mod Rebrand - New name and main menu
Map Workshop integration
Removal of achievements
Adding and/or refining movement features like climbing ledges, mantling objects, tweaking existing movement.
Refining baseline mechanics of 1 pistol, 1 smg, 1 shotgun
Integrating bot parameters and modifying FGD for ease of creating single player scenarios against bots.
That's it, if I can check off these boxes I will release the mod with some new fun maps and have a decent Beta 1. The reason I am doing this is because I think video games suck, and I know that everyone wants The Specialists to come back alive. If you want to join the project as a programmer, time and money is all I want to know. Anyone else is free to join this project, do not send me your resume or portfolio I do not give a shit. I'm only paying the programmer, the rest is volunteer. If you want to make a map, go right ahead.
P.S. I fucking hate video games. If you hate video games too, then this is the project for you. I just want to release this, reach top 10 most played on Steam, and then tell Gabe Newell that he should fire himself.
This time reworked A bombsite and mid to B connector. Also relocated CT spawn. Changed the taxi on B site to a truck, but dam that model has some bad collision 😒
Maybe I'll move T spawn abit further in the future, but playtest must tell more.
Few more pics - included hammer shot to show stuff behind trailers since it was a cordon compile.
RaVaGe - mountains will receive more work - right now, focusing on the main map, then the 3d sky. Thanks for feedback all!
Me and Gorb have been working on this map for 3 years in our spare time between other projects; its our first map. There is still a lot of work to do, as it stands it is a 'proof of concept'. The feedback so far has been very positive which is a 'confidence shot in the arm' so we are going to continue making improvements and fix issues!
Woah okay I'm back, catching up...
I still don't have my stuff and computer, and I'm still in trouble. Using a work computer for everything atm.
Resorting to legal actions against the moving company since they have my stuff since almost 2 months now. It's a mess because that's Canadian company an I'm in the US, so I need to show up to a court over there because those here don't take care of that. I'm looking for a lawyer atm to help me with this.
I've been living in terrible conditions, out of a backpack for the past 2 months. They pulled a bait-and-switch on me, doubling the price compared to the quote, and on top of that, they completely unreachable. They don't answer the phone and don't reply to emails.
I just looked at reviews, and they're basically a scam company. Obviously I'm deeply regretting and feeling very stupid for not looking that up before letting them take everything that I have. I'm basically experiencing exactly what these people are describing here: https://www.mymovingreviews.com/movers/access-canada-movers-8061
Now the scary thing is that a lot of them are talking about their stuff being damaged, etc. So if my computer and hard drive are broken or lost, this project and all the source files (and... all my other projects as well) are gone. 😰
The kind of stuff that always happen to "other people", well sometimes it happens to you huh... what a nightmare.
(This should probably be in a "What's going on with your life?" thread but since it affects the project I'm posting it here.)