< Previous tutorial
Post format: RED - LINK ; PURPLE - DELETE THIS! ; OTHER COLORS - TEXT ; QUOTE - Important text!
Last time I talked about how to add grass from the new game mode to the map, now I can talk about how to remove restrictions on the placement of grass and talk about custom textures. [In the previous tutorial I forgot to do it]
How to remove restrictions to grass placement?
1) Open your GCFSCAPE and after open pak01_dir.vpk in Counter-Strike:Global Offensive > cs:go > pak01_dir.vpk go to materials > hr_massive and found there "broken_road_1_4wayblend_1.vmt". Extract that file into your materials folder [Example: "cs:go > materials > theowl_res"]. (Rename that file, if you need that)
2) Return to GCFSCAPE. Find into "materials > detail" .vmt file "detailsprites_survival" and extract him to "cs:go > materials > detail".
Rename "detailsprites_survival.vmt" (Example: detailsprites_mycustommap.vmt)
3) Open your extracted file ("detailsprites_mycustommap.vmt") and delete that lines:
(These are textures that help control grass levels on map. Experiment with this yourself)
[$basetexture inside this file, that grass textures. Replace it, if you have custom grass]
4) Go to "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive > cs:go" and find there "detail.vbsp"; Open him (You can use Notepad++) and find there the cluster "survival_grass_2". Copy that and paste after that cluster, but with new name (Example: survival_grass_theowl);
Find line (inside the cluster) "associated_material" "detail\detailsprites_survival" and replace "detail\detailsprites_survival" to your custom texture which you created recently (Example: "associated_material" "detail\detailsprites_mycustommap")
5) Inside your custom texture file ("broken_road_1_4wayblend_1.vmt") you should replace "%detailtype survival_grass_2" to "%detailtype [your name of cluster inside detail.vbsp]" (Example: %detailtype survival_grass_theowl)
How to replace textures?
Everything is as usual here. Open the .vmt file with "4wayblend" (Example: "broken_road_1_4wayblend_1.vmt") and change everything as you need.
Experiment with it and create cool maps!