de_wanda by warby ... final release !

Warby

so one thing i leared for sure is to do more public beta stuff and name your releases _alpha_05 _beta_02 _rc_1 etc ... so even you always have the option to change it wothout causing to much map differs form server hassel ^^

That's kinda crap sometimes though. I did a beta and people didn't realize the final was out.

Kinda sucks seeing more beta versions being played than the final.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other fix is to use 2 new vrad parameters that you'd add to hammers compile window in export mode. -staticproppolys and -staticproplighting. This will tell vrad to create lightmaps for all static props and essentially create self lighting assets.

uhm well i tried what you said but it is pretty useless right now.

first at all for al of you who want to try. this copy paste from vrad paramter list:

-StaticPropLighting : generate backed static prop vertex lighting

-StaticPropPolys : Perform shadow tests of static props at polygon precision

-OnlyStaticProps : Only perform direct static prop lighting (vrad debug option)

-StaticPropNormals : when lighting static props, just show their normal vector

and here are some screenshots, which are pretty crap as i must mention.

fuglyvtxlightinglr3.jpg

didn't you test that before? i mean it is obious that this feature is not really well implemented yet.

and even if it would work: default T&L Lighting does its job pretty well anyhow in the official maps, doesnt it?!

greetings

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.