Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RD

Burnin the American flag

110 posts in this topic

And I'm against the government burning the Koran. I've stated this repeatedly. Honestly RD are you just trolling now or are you actually this stupid?

In Europe the government hasnt done any of this, but you still said Europe fucked up by printing a toon. How can it befucked up, if you are in favor of the freedom to do such things? Either you meant that ordinary ppl in europe shouldnt have the freedom to draw cartoons, or you meant something else which i cant grasp.

Yelling racial slurs in an urban ghetto is a bad idea and someone who did it definitely fucked up, but he should have the freedom to do so. Having rights incurs a duty of responsible usage. Printing that cartoon was irresponsible but they were still within their rights to do so. Get it?

In Europe the government hasnt done any of this, but you still said Europe fucked up by printing a toon. How can it befucked up, if you are in favor of the freedom to do such things? Either you meant that ordinary ppl in europe shouldnt have the freedom to draw cartoons, or you meant something else which i cant grasp.

I said Europe fucked up the handling of the cartoon after it had been printed. Your reading comprehension needs some work. Both sides were being humungus dicks over one little cartoon. The ME was yelling jihad and rattling their sabres and the EU was going "lol freedom of speech am i rite?" and printing off the picture repeatedly in an antagonistic fashion for no other reason than to piss off the ME and Muslims in general more.

They have the right to do what they did, but it doesn't make it any less irresponsible.

Yelling racial slurs in an urban ghetto is a bad idea and someone who did it definitely fucked up, but he should have the freedom to do so. Having rights incurs a duty of responsible usage. Printing that cartoon was irresponsible but they were still within their rights to do so. Get it?

I get it. But im communicating on a much deeper level, maybe thats why you misunderstood me.

What made it irresponsible to draw religious cartoons?

Its the violence that followed it, that made it irresponsible.

By saying it was irresponsible, you admit you had the knowledge that there would be a violent response. And what do you do with this knowledge? Youre silent, and you expect others to do the same. It is actually fine if youre silent, but expecting others to do the same is oppression.

Because in the end, it is still the same as what i said on page one, a bow to violence.

How do you destroy this intolerance, if you dont throw bombs on it? With words, with cartoons. It is exactly the purpose of protesting.

What you believe, that Europe draws cartoons to insult others, is your own negative interpretation of what happened. It was a constructive event, that even many millions of muslims agreed with at the time, even in the Middle east they printed the cartoons (they were jailed tho), and agreed they have double standards. Because they draw religious cartoons about us, about jews, daily.

I said Europe fucked up the handling of the cartoon after it had been printed. Your reading comprehension needs some work. Both sides were being humungus dicks over one little cartoon. The ME was yelling jihad and rattling their sabres and the EU was going "lol freedom of speech am i rite?" and printing off the picture repeatedly in an antagonistic fashion for no other reason than to piss off the ME and Muslims in general more.

They have the right to do what they did, but it doesn't make it any less irresponsible.

Again, you dont understand that this wasnt about the piece of paper or the one little cartoon. This thread is also not about the cloth.

Its about the principles of freedom behind it.

And again, it was the papers, the ppl, that used their freedom, not the EU. No government could stop it even if it wanted to, because nobody controls ppl that are free.

:roll:

Again, you dont understand that this wasnt about the piece of paper or the one little cartoon. This thread is also not about the cloth.

Its about the principles of freedom behind it.

And again, it was the papers, the ppl, that used their freedom, not the EU. No government could stop it even if it wanted to, because nobody controls ppl that are free.

:roll:

Ignoring the laws of nations doesn't mean they don't exist or are not valid in a world setting, RD. If you want to start a thread about notions of freedom we can do that but in the context of this argument you're really branching out.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0