KIIIA

The random model thread!

5,544 posts in this topic

Isn't/wasn't junction a studio?

coll stuff anyway!

The past few days I've been diving deeper into the dark, undocumented waters of Blender, to find a workflow that allows me to quickly whip up various trees. I'm pretty happy with the refinement I've made (right side), though I could possibly ramp up the tri count a bit in the lower pruned parts of it.

sceptree2.thumb.jpg.e58b7235a65f21761af08c587fc2bd4e.jpg

Edited by grapen
tomm, will2k, blackdog and 6 others like this

What is the best software for CS:GO modelling i havent worked much in 3D modelling softwares so i am quite begginer?

Edited by RAD

1 hour ago, grapen said:

The past few days I've been diving deeper into the dark, undocumented waters of Blender, to find a workflow that allows me to quickly whip up various trees. I'm pretty happy with the refinement I've made (right side), though I could possibly ramp up the tri count a bit in the lower pruned parts of it.

sceptree2.thumb.jpg.e58b7235a65f21761af08c587fc2bd4e.jpg

Nice man! The cards ont he right tree look a little odd though. Have you tried averaging the normals across the mesh?

Sigma and grapen like this

7 hours ago, PogoP said:

Nice man! The cards ont he right tree look a little odd though. Have you tried averaging the normals across the mesh?

Yep, the leaf normals are perfectly dome shaped, so I don't think it's that. I softened the diffuse a bit and that helped, though subtletly. I'm thinking it might be that it's just very low poly, or the fact that it's source lighting (it's easier to blame something else :D)

sceptree3.thumb.jpg.d73cb4ddeaaa64d6132283990176bb35.jpg

Edited by grapen
Sigma likes this

11 hours ago, RAD said:

What is the best software for CS:GO modelling i havent worked much in 3D modelling softwares so i am quite begginer?

There's really no best software, any of the big brands work, they're just tools. What really matters is the skill of the artist. Premium packages like Maya and Max have the advantage of being popular in an already niche hobby/profession, which means more documentation. Blender on the other hand is free.