[HP]

CoD WW2

42 posts in this topic

I just want a proper campaign, I don't care about the multiplayer at all. Where's the fun in getting shot by a guy with a pink nazi helmet and a green gun while he's insulting your mother?

I played COD back in the day for the campaigns only. But as the years progressed they got shorter and shorter. Amazing setpieces evolved into an onrail shooter and it just got further off track.

This looks like a step in the right direction but come one, Normandy again? How many times do we have to storm those beaches? We're talking about a World War that's an endless source of inspiration and this the only thing developers keep coming up with. 

dux, D3ads and Beck like this

Can't wait for magenta Garands, golden scopes and bunny hats :v

im surprised they had an event in London, @13:30 there's a featurette-behind the scenes clip

Edit: funny the comments about dimensions etc, my friend said basically the same: "they could have done cod: Rome, with some time travelling shit eventually"

Edited by blackdog
FMPONE likes this

I have to say, this does look sick. I do get jealous of studios who have these unlimited budgets and teams who can pull this kind of stuff off.

If the game play is right it might be the first CoD I'll pick up since MW2.

blackdog likes this

2 minutes ago, Beck said:

I have to say, this does look sick. I do get jealous of studios who have these unlimited budgets and teams who can pull this kind of stuff off.

Yea but you better pull it off within 3 years :D

What I'm seeing right now I've seen and played a dozen times before, so I think I'll pass. But I am sure they will sell a lot of copies.

PogoP and Minos like this

4 minutes ago, FrieChamp said:

Yea but you better pull it off within 3 years :D

What I'm seeing right now I've seen and played a dozen times before, so I think I'll pass. But I am sure they will sell a lot of copies.

Yeah I bet the crunch at these studios and some other AAA studios (Rockstar, Naughty Dog etc) is unreal.

*shrugs*

It's a realistic WW2 shooter. What's to get excited about? I'm surprised people aren't more critical. Aren't you guys bored of playing the same shit? Sure it's been a good few years since a AAA WW2 game, and we're now in a new generation of games, but you know EXACTLY how the game is going to play out. You know exactly how the guns are going to shoot. You know exactly which vehicles will be in this game. You know exactly the types of enemies you'll be shooting. I can guarantee one of your buddies is going to die in the singleplayer campaign and it's going to be super emotional with orchestral music playing in the background.

I think the sci-fi CoD games were more interesting than this. I didn't play them, but at least they tried something a bit different. Dunno, maybe I'm just looking at this through a cynical lens.

What other settings would you guys like to see in a CoD game, I wonder? Have they ever made one set in Vietnam? That could be interesting. Or perhaps some kind of alternate history.. Dunno. I guess the huge production costs and lengthy production time means the CoD series is always inevitably going to have to be lowest common denominator, and they couldn't really explore a smaller conflict/war.

blackdog, [HP], Zarsky and 2 others like this

Yeah this is absolutely not for me. Its another "experience" thats more roller coaster than game. I can respect the effort and artistic achievements but i would want something that leaves me with questions and wonder rather than this assault on the senses. Its schmaltzy 'Bayhem' to the max.

3 hours ago, PogoP said:

What other settings would you guys like to see in a CoD game, I wonder?

30 year war

16 hours ago, dux said:

OH MY GOD WE FINALLY WENT FULL CIRCLE JESUS CHRIST

Yep. And give it two years and everyone will complain that WW2 is overused and MW was the best COD ever 😏

5 hours ago, PogoP said:

*shrugs*

It's a realistic WW2 shooter. What's to get excited about? I'm surprised people aren't more critical. Aren't you guys bored of playing the same shit? Sure it's been a good few years since a AAA WW2 game, and we're now in a new generation of games, but you know EXACTLY how the game is going to play out. You know exactly how the guns are going to shoot. You know exactly which vehicles will be in this game. You know exactly the types of enemies you'll be shooting. I can guarantee one of your buddies is going to die in the singleplayer campaign and it's going to be super emotional with orchestral music playing in the background.

I think the sci-fi CoD games were more interesting than this. I didn't play them, but at least they tried something a bit different. Dunno, maybe I'm just looking at this through a cynical lens.

What other settings would you guys like to see in a CoD game, I wonder? Have they ever made one set in Vietnam? That could be interesting. Or perhaps some kind of alternate history.. Dunno. I guess the huge production costs and lengthy production time means the CoD series is always inevitably going to have to be lowest common denominator, and they couldn't really explore a smaller conflict/war.

You could argue that after a given number of years, everyone will end up having been exposed to most known stories and will be forced to see the same things retold over and over again. The creative director of Remedy Entertainment, Sam Lake, once said in an interview on interactive storytelling "some call them cliches, we prefer to call them classics". Just because you know certain story elements doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad story or that you won't enjoy it. Most times, it's enough just to change some small details or the story sequences/acts between them in order to create that "original" pinch. 

I think CoD focuses too much on unbelievable moments, so much that it breaks immersion and even the player begins to question the story. It's like those moments when you become aware of the dream. You need to have a balance between logic and fantasy.

Beck, Sprony, Squad and 1 other like this