marnamai

[HL2] DownFall, available on Steam

11 posts in this topic

Super cool mod, I highly recommend it. There is a few confusing places but overall it's almost perfect in every ways! Except length :(

Just played it, it's really fun and I loved the little twists in it, especially the sniper one :P. Superb design in the first level as well, in the village/resistance outpost. Loved the custom models as well. Sometimes I could see the NPCs spawn out of thin air but that's something that you can resolve in a matter of seconds. You've certainly inspired me to finally finish my own mod, even though I won't have the luck of a steam release., keep developing this!

Very cool mod, nice atmosphere. Some parts are a little confusing, but probably because I haven't played Half Life in a long time. My biggest gripe is that the trailer gives too much away, but I guess you can choose not to watch it. Looking forward to future episodes :)

Edited by nikkoship

It was just awesome. That's a mix of the best from HL2 (and mostly its EP2) with bigger maps and more space to discover than usual.

I just couldn't find that ladder at the end of that first map, i thought this zigzag was just a secondary path with a reward (ammo crates or something) for people trying to discover everything. Try making the big fence door obviously blocked, I was convinced I had to continue by car.
Also, I thought i'd be able to open that big door to get in the village with my car, i looked for a way to do it for a while !

Great work, was really enjoyable !

FMPONE and blackdog like this

Thank you! it was nice to "hold" the crowbar again. Btw, i love the river water texture.

Edited by Serialmapper

Like I said in the portfolio topic, discovered this because of a playthrough and looks awesome.

I've downloaded but I got myself burned so now can't play anything effectively as I have an annoying bandage around index and thumb... but will catch up soon