Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FrieChamp

Sea of Thieves

14 posts in this topic

Cool art style and physics! Seems to have the right level of arcadiness! I'm curious!

Played this at E3 at the Microsoft after hours party, and it was SO much fun. We all had a bit to drink and jumped on as a 5, it's absolutely hilarious. Definitely getting this one, nice return to form for Rare.

Beck, FrieChamp, Puddy and 2 others like this

This will be on Windows 10 too won't it? Loving the fact that a lot of Xbox exclusives are making their way to Windows.

Anyway, I love anything pirates and coop so would probably pick this up if it's as fun as it looks.

Man I played this at E3 and it was some of the most fun I've had in ages. I think there were 5 of us playing after a few beers at the Microsoft party and it was such a good laugh!

[HP], Pampers and TheOnlyDoubleF like this

I just don't know about this game, what do you actually do in it, is there a story? Don't get me wrong, I'd love a good pirate simulator and for this to be that, but every video I've seen shows people simply messing about on their ship in co-op, playing instruments or fighting other ships. Did you get a sense of what else there might be to do in it at E3 Liam? Are there pirate towns to explore, things like that?

Merged this with the existing Sea Of Thieves thread.

Helder, does the game have some kind of goal...yet?

blackdog likes this

Oh, I apologize should have searched for the possibility of an older thread about the game.

Well, from what I gather it's main goal is to be a heavy CO-OP game, (almost too much co-op)
It seems to me that for now, they're just trying to nail the minute to minute gameplay, and then later they might add long term stuff such as progression and main game objectives, and even story; instead of trying to do the bulk of the game and then go back and polish it up, this is just me speculating though.

Is this really planned for release in 2017? Looks like it would be amazing with friends, for two weekends. Need to see a video on something with depth, like progression, epic quests, player driven economy, skill based PvE etc.

Beck likes this

Haha now I look like I have a really bad memory.. Posting the same thing twice in the same thread ;D