OrnateBaboon

[CS:GO][WIP] Trailerpark

23 posts in this topic

I really dig the soft colors, lighting and sand/dune combo in this screenshot :) btw if you need any dune, beach or sea photos for textures or reference let me know I live 10m~ from the beach/dunes so it wouldn't be a big problem for me to go there and make some photos

Edited by catfood
esspho, Squad, Roald and 4 others like this

On 06/01/2017 at 4:38 AM, OrnateBaboon said:

World smallest update! Added a beach for the CT spawn, and a hill for some elevation. Also did a first pass of another trailer (the blue one).

21.jpg

On 06/01/2017 at 1:12 PM, catfood said:

I really dig the soft colors, lighting and sand/dune combo in this screenshot :) btw if you need any dune, beach or sea photos for textures or reference let me know I live 10m~ from the beach/dunes so it wouldn't be a big problem for me to go there and make some photos

Yep, the colors reminds me a lot of this place in Life is Strange :

UWfLxn9.jpg

xa7y2iH.jpg

lL3LAWC.jpg

uFCj9ww.jpg

ND50EWf.jpg

Maybe you could get some ideas from it, like the idea of using purple as a tint sometimes, it looks great i think !

Great job @OrnateBaboon !!

very noice!
I would change it so that the ground and house don't have the exact same color, and break up the road outline somewhat, make it stick out less

OrnateBaboon likes this

Looks really nice, very promising! Lighting/architecture/skybox look excellent already. :)

On 20.1.2017 at 1:45 PM, OrnateBaboon said:

[...] did a build with trees as well, but they are so dark, I think the only solution to fixing them so they are not almost black is to lighten the texture a lot, and recompile. Turning off shadows etc makes the trees look radioactive.

24.jpg

Yeah, trees are too dark. Also take care that you modify the distances of the trees (maybe build some clusters), vary the height and perhaps angulate them a little (2-3 degrees), so that it doesn't look too artificial. :eng101:

OrnateBaboon and Squad like this

On 10.2.2017 at 7:37 PM, FMPONE said:

Really liking it, I feel your textures are a bit too clean, 10-15% however. 

For me, it looks like a simulation town. Put some mannequins in there and it's Nuketown!

RA7 likes this