POTUS 2016

D3ads

Ok last time we tried this, it got too political and bitchy so let's keep it humourous and newsworthy this time, no fighting!

November 8th is one of the most anticipated days ever in the history of the world. People are full of hope and fear, optimism and terror, excitement and dread.. On this unprecedented day, the United States of 'Merica™ either elects an utterly terrible terrible person... or Donald Trump.. (:-D)

DISCUSS!

maxresdefault.jpg

CoFTQIgWAAMP2CX.jpgCbkhfcIUMAE9pcs.jpgCeAXGsGUYAAatMm.jpgCiby9lQXAAAQSVG.jpgcrmrm160613.jpg

Edited by D3ads

It probably won't sway your opinion if you are an unemployed coal miner from Kentucky, but I found this podcast episode ("The Lesser Evil") by Sam Harris quite interesting: https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/the-lesser-evil He discusses the candidates with another intellectual and they explain why one of them is the less bad option.

I also read an article by a writer living in NYC who went to his hometown in rural America and explains at this example why there are a lot of people voting for Trump. I cannot find it right now but that was refreshing to see someone put themselves in the other side's shoes instead of plain bashing...

8 hours ago, FrieChamp said:

It probably won't sway your opinion if you are an unemployed coal miner from Kentucky, but I found this podcast episode ("The Lesser Evil") by Sam Harris quite interesting: https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/the-lesser-evil He discusses the candidates with another intellectual and they explain why one of them is the less bad option.

I also read an article by a writer living in NYC who went to his hometown in rural America and explains at this example why there are a lot of people voting for Trump. I cannot find it right now but that was refreshing to see someone put themselves in the other side's shoes instead of plain bashing...

Sam Harris <3

Probably so, but then again I'd assume that a long period of public conflict in the party would have caused more harm than good. That's partly been the case in the Republican party with all of the controversies about Trump.

But I guess none of that matters anymore, Tomorrow the votes will be cast and the world will be watching nervously as the next president is announced, I cannot begin to understand how people actually in America are feeling right now, this election has just been a mess for both sides and something that will influence and stigmatise American politics for years to come.

Personally, the boom in right wing extremes has been quite scary to me this year, looking forward to the year's end.