Day of Infamy

El_Exodus

I just realised that there is no topic about Day of Infamy although there are already WIP threads for maps in the 3D section.

It was a WW2 modification for Insurgency and is coming as a standalone to Steam Early Access today!

I recorded some gameplay in the Closed Alpha if you're interested to see how it looks like:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/447820/

https://newworldinteractive.com/#day-of-infamy

http://newworldinteractive.com/announcing-day-of-infamy-coming-to-steam-early-access-july-2016/

Edited by El_Exodus
Added links

From the makers of Insurgency.

I bought it yesterday. I kinda like it. Feels like a mix of insurgence and day of defeat. Still I miss the original DOD cause I loved the unrealistic weapon mechanisms from that game.

Also the game is a bit to much focused on close battles, making the bolt action rifles kinda shit. They are also a bit to slow. But I start to sound to negative now...
The game is quite great so far. I just hope they keep improving the gameplay. I think insurgency always had some annoying things that they never fixed and now... fuck here I go again...

Looks really cool, and i know that's not the philosophy of insurgency, but one day i really wish to see a really realistic multiplayer shooter. Something more slowpaced with less accurate weapons, longer fire exchange, relying more on positioning and team tactics than on mouse coordination skill (kind of like brothers in arms). The weapons in this are awfully too precise, not in terms of weapon range and precision, but more because of the aiming capability of the player, and by that i mean you can shoulder your rifle in 0.5 second after a 200 meters sprint in rubbles to nail the head of the machine gunner deployed 70 meters in front of you. That is still too videogamey to be simulation, not saying that's it a bad thing though, the game is still really cool :D.

24 minutes ago, KoKo5oVaR said:

Looks really cool, and i know that's not the philosophy of insurgency, but one day i really wish to see a really realistic multiplayer shooter. Something more slowpaced with less accurate weapons, longer fire exchange, relying more on positioning and team tactics than on mouse coordination skill (kind of like brothers in arms). The weapons in this are awfully too precise, not in terms of weapon range and precision, but more because of the aiming capability of the player, and by that i mean you can shoulder your rifle in 0.5 second after a 200 meters sprint in rubbles to nail the head of the machine gunner deployed 70 meters in front of you. That is still too videogamey to be simulation, not saying that's it a bad thing though, the game is still really cool :D.

Wasn't that the whole idea behind Operation Flashpoint, Arma and Red Ochestra? I haven't played the last 2 and Flashpoint is too long ago too remember, but all three are supposed to be realistic MP shooters right?

I wasn't aware that we had Mapcore people working on this. Maybe it would be cool to do something together? Article, interview, etc.

1 hour ago, KoKo5oVaR said:

I bet you'd like Squad.

• 1 month later...

Looks like we'll be reviving this thread huh?

Getting the game started up for the first time has been a nightmare for me today. Downloaded fine but the game crashed steam on the startup installs and then crashed out my PC and forced me to reboot my system entirely.

But I got a little bit of game in, for what it's worth, I'm having fun, audio for weapons is very punchy and characters yell out and speak which greatly makes the fights feel better. I want to play it some more, hopefully my PC does not have a heart attack in the future with this game.