Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sprony

Nintendo Switch

125 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Minos said:

Here's a lesson: Keep in mind that you are pretty much a beta tester if you buy a console at launch :interseting:

Yeah, or anything tech really.

I got a Switch waiting for me at my local store, so I will be playing some Zelda this weekend. Unfortunately the pro controllers are nowhere to be found in Stockholm. Too many pro nintendudes here.

I've had a tiny issue with the left joy con but its nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be... 

Yeah, zero problems here too. Did you guys pick up the Pro controller?

I had a few issues with the left joycon before I updated them, but haven't used them in the same setting since.  I'm usually sitting like 2 feet from my switch while it's docked.

Having slight issues with my left joycon. The up-arrow button is not responsive sometimes. Will have it replaced later.

On those videos posted, it looks to me as if some of the people have dropped their console (which is not a suprise since you can basically hold it at your hands if you like) and then made the video on "how it's broken". I haven't had single issues with it yet, except occasionally lagging on zelda at times. Such as frame drops and a couple of screen freezes for up to 5-6 seconds when fighting against enemies and moving the camera.

But the game itself is awesome. You would expect that if you climb up on a mountain, there's nothing there except rocks but they have really put time and effort into the game. I'm loving some of the level design i've seen in it, some of it is just a masterpiece work.

I read somewhere that they are working on fixing software issues that are messing with the gpu. I'm hoping that will fix some of the frame drops in Zelda as they are a bit annoying.

On a newspaper I saw today there was a headline about Nintendo saying to (U.K.) customers that dead pixels are a problem of theirs.

is that true, I mean already experiencing dead pixels?

Beware of minor spoilers below.

Here's the first ep:

Ep 2:

Ep 3:

(HP) likes this

This game is one of the purest "video games" I've ever played. I'm sure we're gonna be talking about this game for decades.

I usually stay away from trailers and spoilers so It took me a couple hours to realize what kind of game I was playing, when I died of hypothermia dozens of times on the snowy mountains, i thought there has to be a easier way. Turns out there's many ways to survive, clothes, eating peppers, lighting a torch or fire, lighting a wooden meele weapon on fire, sitting next to a campfire, etc, rtc. That's when it clicked for me, it was like, shit I see... the game wants me to think! :0

Zarsky, Sentura, grapen and 1 other like this

I've played every single Zelda, and BotW is honestly just the best. They nailed open world, simply put.