Inside

FMPONE

• 1 month later...

This was a pretty universally praised game, so it's interesting to see some critical thinking on it

I agree that the actual "game" component here was pretty weak, which hurts replay value a ton. But I don't think this guy adequately accounted for the sheer "wow" factor of several ideas/sequences.

9 minutes ago, (HP) said:

Not all games are meant to be played 10 times. lol

I mean, I would totally play Inside again, to look at the pretty visuals and study how the game surprised me, but it might be a bit of a chore because of the intense backtracking and the fact that the actual game itself is pretty frustrating. I think these are valid complaints that you could improve and the game would be even better.

• 5 weeks later...

Very happy with the wins but i was really rooting for this to take best narrative! Ofc you cant beat Uncharteds amazing production value, but i appreciate how INSIDE used the medium in such a pure and excellent way. Would have been a better signal for the industry imo (assuming awards matter in any way) I see many game teams burning their fingers trying to do what Naughty Dog are masters of.

• 2 months later...