[CS:GO] Riverside (WIP)

MadsenFK

*sigh*

If you know me, then I tend to start on new projects pretty often. Why? I don't know.

But this time, I planned the map out well, gave myself achievements to get while mapping, theme and where this takes place (on a riverside of course)

I really feel this one is gonna be a succes, since I haven't felt bored at all when I was making this map (Don't quote me on that one!)

It's only been taking me about a 7 days to get this amount of work done.

- DOWNLOAD -

20160610232240_1.jpg

20160610232250_1.jpg

20160610232308_1.jpg

20160610232334_1.jpg

20160610232406_1.jpg

20160610232418_1.jpg

Edited by madsenfk

3 hours ago, Shibou said:

Looks nice so far, but what happened to the other map? :D

I really didn't like the theme that we were going for on that map, and if we were gonna change that up, it would require a lot of work (I'm a bit lazy tbh)

Choosing two themes in one map was a bit hard for us to accomplish.

And I also didn't really enjoy myself when I was mapping.

and thanks!

Since I mainly played mid in the playtest I can only really comment on this area.

Mid played poorly in my opinion. As a CT it was difficult to hold, even with a perfect smoke down. Once T's had gotten mid there was no way to retake it, since T's can also use the route from their way onto A. The open drop towards CT spawn further established T's dominance in mid.

Kind of a nitpick here, but both ways from mid towards A and B leads to a drop-zone on the site. This isn't really an issue, but feels a bit samey.

Keep the work up! :) Logic out!

On 14/6/2016 at 11:16 AM, Logic said:

Since I mainly played mid in the playtest I can only really comment on this area.

Mid played poorly in my opinion. As a CT it was difficult to hold, even with a perfect smoke down. Once T's had gotten mid there was no way to retake it, since T's can also use the route from their way onto A. The open drop towards CT spawn further established T's dominance in mid.

Kind of a nitpick here, but both ways from mid towards A and B leads to a drop-zone on the site. This isn't really an issue, but feels a bit samey.

Keep the work up! :) Logic out!

You're right, it did play pretty poorly. I already have an idea in mind that might work out, so I'll do some work here this weekend.

Thanks! :)

On 12/6/2016 at 11:00 PM, rosk said:

I didn't like some features of B so here's what I would change:

fLRUEBF.jpg

I'll try that! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to get an update out, since the map needs a playtest, and because I want you guys to stay updated on the maps progress.

I've mainly been detailing and some layout/gameplay elements that's been changed.

(btw, all the detailied areas aren't done yet)

Have some screenshots:

20160701133704_1.jpg

20160701133651_1.jpg

20160701133725_1.jpg

Edited by madsenfk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello people.

It's been little over a month now, and I've pretty much just taken a break from map making overall. But a lot still has changed since the last update (just details actually)

Next update will be released very soon, since I still need to pack the files and get it compiled.

EDIT: Well, compile fucking failed. Stuck on PortalFlow: 9... for over 2 hours now. Last compile in total was only 1½ hours which was yesterday.

Edited by madsenfk

On 10/9/2016 at 9:06 AM, madsenfk said:

Hello people.

It's been little over a month now, and I've pretty much just taken a break from map making overall. But a lot still has changed since the last update (just details actually)

Next update will be released very soon, since I still need to pack the files and get it compiled.

EDIT: Well, compile fucking failed. Stuck on PortalFlow: 9... for over 2 hours now. Last compile in total was only 1½ hours which was yesterday.

Minimal optimization pass would fix that for you. 

On 9.10.2016 at 3:06 PM, madsenfk said:

Don't worry, we had the same thing for oakwood. Our compile times jumped from 45 minutes to four hours within two days of detailwork. Just run the compile in CompilePalX. That won't lag your computer, so you're free to do anything during compile time (although of course, the more you do, the more time your compile will take). For us the compile took around 4 hours (approximated 2 and a half of which were spent on PortalFlow 9...).

We hope this helps :) !

Cheers!

Edited by Freaky_Banana

Now when I look around, not much has actually changed in terms of details.

Wires has more slack, some small inaccessible areas and stuff.

But oh well. If you want to check it out then go ahead.

(btw, the radar was made in a hurry, so that's why It's not that good)

Download

Have some screenshots:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Is this enough slack?

Edited by madsenfk