Dark Souls 3

Sprony

It seems to be a essential game according to EGUK

This is a truly epic journey, from your first faltering steps across gloomy cliffs to striding like a lord-slayer through Lothric Castle. Like all epics it has endless diversions, quarrels, unexpected companions, and great big fights. Is it the finest Souls game yet? I don't know; it might be. I can say this, though: Dark Souls 3 is a fabulous game, and a fitting conclusion to the greatest trilogy of modern times.

Too bad I have no time for this :(

3 hours ago, dux said:

I couldn't get into the first dark souls. Ignored the second, but this 3rd one I dunno... I watched Robbaz play it on his stream and I kinda want it.

I still need to finish Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 first :(

I know the feeling bro. I need to finish The Witcher 3 as well and I haven't even started with Fallout 4. Plus, I've got the Bloodborne expansion ready to go :(

23 hours ago, Vilham said:

Don't bother with fallout 4, tbh. Once you play witcher 3 you will question Bethesda's ability to make open world games.

Really? Because I really enjoyed Skyrim and Fallout 3 even though The Witcher 3 is vastly superior.

25 minutes ago, Sprony said:

Really? Because I really enjoyed Skyrim and Fallout 3 even though The Witcher 3 is vastly superior.

I just felt no pacing or progression at all. Every area is quite bland, characters aren't interesting, power armour/cores mechanic is one of those gotta save them till I need them things that negates power armour, base building is clunky with half the stuff locked away behind perks, same for weapons and armour crafting, perk system is just rubbish and un-intuitive.

When a power armour/core mod that removes most of the power armour and removes the core requirement, a complete change to the perk system and a way to remove settlement building come out I don't think I want to play another minute. Also removal of the auto leveling of enemies that might actually make areas of the world feel like a threat early but a cake walk later (ie some sense of progression).

Fallout 3 was great and skyrim was pretty great (progression/pacing is a huge issue in that game too) but fallout 4 just falls flat when surrounded by the current open world games. Fallout 4 actually feels like a step back from the last 2.

The old engine seems to be held together with duct tape along with a fresh coat of paint. Worked for skyrim and f3 but falls flat in this generation. Was fun for a while, but got old fast.

Anyway, heard ds3 have some perf problems. Apparently it's running on some super old tech from the ps1 era. Putting the player on a single flat plane in the world, gives you 80fps as a starting point etc