FINAL FANTASY XV

-HP-

43 minutes ago, MESRecords said:

I can't wait for this one. For a completely new take on a series it looks fantastic. I feared that they would just make a FF13-2... wait, I mean FF13-3... that exists as well, doesn't it? Whatever, I just hope it will be as good as I want it to be.

Those are good entries tho XD

• 2 weeks later...

During Square Enix’s E3 live coverage, Final Fantasy XV Game Director Hajime Tabata provided a lot of information about the game during a Q&A Session.

• You can turn the HUD off.
  • There is a camera mode that allows players to take their own pictures. There won’t be a theater mode.
  • There is a minigame in the coliseum in Altisia. Monsters fight against each other, and you can bet on which monster you think is going to win.
  • Maybe post-launch there will be additional content set in the coliseum.
  • At the moment there are no plans to give an option to adjust the camera distance. Soon the team will have to decide on whether to allow it or not.
  • If you level up too much, there can be situations in which you one-shot enemies. Tabata-san doesn’t think that’s necessarily a problem. He feels that people enjoy to progress enough to beat easily certain tough enemies. He personally enjoy it as well.
  • In Final Fantasy XV if you fight a boss a bit over your level, you can bridge that gap with skill.
  • There will be an item that will prevent you to overlevel if you so wish. It’s designed for people who enjoy low-level clears.
  • The UI design we saw at E3 is not final. It will be renewed once more and the team is currently working on both functionality and aesthetics.
  • There are two different control layouts. One is the default one and the other is the same included in Episode Duscae. There might be a third one implememnted before launch. You can change freely between them.
  • The team will anticipate 40-50 hours of gameplay just for the main story, but there are a lot of extra sidequests. Just the extra stuff alone is about 100 hours. The whole game, everything included, is probably going to take 200 hours to complete.
  • The team is constantly optimizing the game. The current version presented at E3 has the following specs. On Xbox One it uses dynamic resolution between 800p and 900p (closer to 900p) and 30 FPS. It’s performing better than Episode Duscae and Platinum Demo. It currently dips to 26-27 fps in certain situations when using party commands. The PS4 the range is between 900p and 1080p, and most of the time it’s 1080p and stable 30 FPS. There are a bit of frame rate dips on PS4 as well, but the team will continue to optimize. Tabata-san mentioned not to worry about frame rate for the final version of the game, because the team is working on it.
  • In order to keep the processing load manageable, temporal anti-alising is impemented every few frames.
  • There is a difference between normal movement speed and dash. Running does not consume stamina. The dash does. The duration of the dash mode can be influenced by what you eat back at the camp.
  • Somnus is still included in the game.
  • There aren’t too many summons in the game, but each has its own different impact.
  • You can use summons only under certain conditions, depending on each summon. For instance, you can’t summon Leviathan if there’s no water nearby.
  • The Airstep Sword and the Engine Sword from Final Fantasy Versus XIII are still included in the game. The Engine Sword will have special features.
  • DLC plans are pretty much finalized. The concept is that people who purchased the game should feel that they made a great purchase. Among the DLC there are many things Tabata-san himself is excited to play, but it’s too early to announce them. There is story content, additional contents, but there’s more than than that. The development is focusing on the final game, so just a core team is working on DLC now. After the game goes gold, the whole team will shift on DLC.
  • Party member behavior during battle will be affected by equipped weapons and by the abilities you have. The weapons you’re equipping will influence their actions. The abilities you use influence the overall AI of your party members. If you press L1, your can select the abilities you want your companions to use. There is a cooldown so you can wait a bit between uses. There are also automatic abilities they use on their own. Party members can also use magic.

sauce http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06/16/final-fantasy-xv-gets-tons-of-info-on-gameplay-ps4-vs-xbox-one-differences-ui-and-much-more/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, grapen said:

Game delayed until November 29.

I'm glad to hear that. They were already working on a huge day one patch and they want the disc version to be the best it can be, without the need to download a patch first. They want to polish it until it shines. I wish more developers had the balls to do that with such a big release (I'm looking at you Hello Games). 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...