[CS:GO][WIP] de_sanchez

jd40

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Sorry I couldn't make it to the last playtest. I've gone through the demo a couple times and hopefully fixed some of the jarring problems the map had.

Here's both layouts for comparison

xDJGWro.jpgBbyvMzE.png

Summary of changes:

• Moved A towards mid and T considerably.
  • Added another retake entry to B
  • Shortened mid considerably, rifles are totally viable for holding mid now.
  • Shortened most sightlines.
  • Added some cover on B

I know you guys don't like greyboxes on playtests, should I detail a bit before going for another one?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright here's the new layout.

New, as mentioned in above posts:

B completely redone

A long entry simplified

tweaks all over...

zceYZRJ.jpg

I think maybe there's not enough mid control for CTs, maybe I'll add some kind of window. I'll see after the playtest.

Some thoughts from yesterdays playtest:

zceYZRJ.jpg

Potential issues:

1. Don't let CT's peek over the board, only in the opening.
  2. I understand why the clipping on the tractor is there, but personally I hate forced clipping.
  3. The entrance to B is very narrow and uninteresting. Also forcing T's to drop down a bit when they push puts them at a major disadvantage.
  4. Make some extra room for the spawn so it's not as cramped.
  5. Not too fond of this angle since CT's can stand really far back and see the catwalk from there.
  6. Mid is hard to control for T's since both entrances from the CT side allows them to flank easily. This is a hard one for me to explain though. Tell me if you need further explanations.

The good stuff:

Personally I like the A-setup! T's are at a disadvantage if they only push at 8 since CT's have the high ground. The CT peek is risky though since T's can easily take control of 7, and they now have 2 entrances to the site (through 7 & 9) and control over the courtyard (8). I think this is interesting and I wouldn't actually change much in this area :D

Wow thanks, that's some feedback.

I've actually fixed some of the problems you listed straight after the playtest including b entry and (5) sightline. Interestingly I also extended CT spawn exactly like you posted. Moved T spawn back too, to widen the timings a bit.

I was about to dig into mid and make it more traditional but I think I'll keep it like this for now. Maybe I'll add some kind of overpass toilets thing to make the area more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Been mapping a bit lately. Don't have any pretty compile pics because I haven't decided on time of day yet, might go for night. Here's some wip:

Some scenery outside B site

Pg8L9K5.png

Mid:

vway2Ob.jpg

And here's a crazy new idea for B 

7UIbA9h.jpg

There's a ladder going down into a mineshaft which comes out into a ramp leading to B site. The ramp is quite deep and the headpeeks might be a bit much tho.