[CS:GO] de_scepter (WIP)

grapen

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Working on finishing up the chapel area. Felt the previous art direction here was too similar to the rest of the map. Still not sure what objects to drop on the floor, as I don't want them to obstruct player movement. A bunch of pews is therefore out of the question, even though it would look sick visually.

de_scepter-v1-10.jpg

4 hours ago, Squad said:

I like it :)

Would be nice if the stained glass in the second picture has some light coming through.

And how about some stacked pews against the walls instead?

LHCL_Charterhouse%20Epsom%20College_658_

Oh! That's a neat solution, the added height even makes it usable for cover as long as I throw some kind of dust-protecting fabric over the back of it. I've got some experimenting to do :)

The stained glass is something I spent a lot of thought on a while back. It's not being directly hit by sunlight, but it gets a lot of reflective light from the building opposite of it. I added some colored directional light, but they're not very convincing, and with the new reddish texture they're being consumed so that they're hardly noticable. I don't have enough source experience to know what's technically possible here, so I'll gladly take tips!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6-11-2016 at 6:08 PM, grapen said:

The stained glass is something I spent a lot of thought on a while back. It's not being directly hit by sunlight, but it gets a lot of reflective light from the building opposite of it. I added some colored directional light, but they're not very convincing, and with the new reddish texture they're being consumed so that they're hardly noticable. I don't have enough source experience to know what's technically possible here, so I'll gladly take tips!

Is it visible from the other side as well? If so, have an illuminated texture on the inside and a normal one on the outside.

h6vTEQ4.jpg

On the inside, there's a light_spot and some func_dustmotes.

8L7jtoQ.jpg

A better example is the updated inferno. I suggest you take a look at how they did it :)

jMbPvJm.jpg

Edited by Squad

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, grapen said:

Not much of an update unfortunately, but I decided to recreate just about every texture in substance. Ugh. I'm about as close to my vision as I'll get now though. Just a few more props to go.

de_scepter-v1-11.jpg

de_scepter-v1-12.jpg

The second shot is sheer awesomeness.

The first one has a lot of visual contrast between the wall and the ceiling. This ceiling feels over-bright compared to the walls. Maybe a darker texture or tweaking the ceiling lighting could add some depths and shadows to this ceiling. Slightly less saturated wall texture could also do the trick.

Keep up the great work :)