blackdog

Valve: Future Hardware Plans

180 posts in this topic

Also Valve's presenting glNext + final steam controllers and steam machines at GDC.  There's also word of (GAF freaking out) Chet Faliszek doing a talk thing at EGX Rezzed about a *mystery topic*.

FMPONE and Beck like this

Never heard about glNext! It's it a fork of the openGL?

Yes, if i'm not wrong It's the successor to the OpenGL. Valve is into it because they can't stand being dependant of DirectX and Microsoft tools, i guess it's also due to their SteamMachines (which runs on their SteamOS that is basicaly a Linux OS with SteamBigPicture runing on it).

The thing is that the conference name is "The Future of High Performance Graphics", so there might be some really interesting demos there :)

El_Exodus, Squad and TheOnlyDoubleF like this

Yes, if i'm not wrong It's the successor to the OpenGL. Valve is into it because they can't stand being dependant of DirectX and Microsoft tools, i guess it's also due to their SteamMachines (which runs on their SteamOS that is basicaly a Linux OS with SteamBigPicture runing on it).

The thing is that the conference name is "The Future of High Performance Graphics", so there might be some really interesting demos there :)

pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2

TheOnlyDoubleF likes this

Cool, will do some digging but that's good news. After all everything is OpenGL outside the Microsoft realm.

pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2pleasesaysource2

Source 3!

uups :x

Vaya and TheOnlyDoubleF like this

Surely they have to announce a game of some sorts soon? It's been a while.