1xLevel design position

Hipshot

Important before anyone reads, this position is an internship position and probably only extends to people already living in Stockholm, Sweden and attends some gaming school or whatever.

Anyway, we are looking to add another level designer to crackshell, become the 4th person in the team. We are already a programer, level designer (me) and an artist.

The position is to create levels for Serious Sam's Bogus Detour and the level design is top down, these two (1 2) levels are from our previous game Hammerwatch, but the level design build process and such are similar, place premade pixel art props and script the hell out of it visually - easy peacy.

There are no requirements to get this position, no need to have worked with this before or so, but here are a few things that's good (as in REALLY REALLY) to know and understand.

* Pretty much needs to consider gaming in the 90's to be superior to anything released since like 2001

* Have built any level for the Quakes, Hexen, Doom, Daikatana or Kingpin is a huge plus

* Tribes is one of the best game series ever made

* CTF is the best game mode ever

* Never ask why the programmer thought it was a good idea to name the editor hammer like valve did

* Basement development is how it should be done

* People who thinks the input on a smartphone is anything near ok should look elsewhere

* Designed levels are always better than random levels

* Crackshell is a bit like how it was in highschool, a lot of random noise and shit

* 1 Milestone - the game is done

* A level is finished when the game is

* TFC>>>>>>>>>>>>>TF2

* Being able to recite the NYPD miranda warning

* Although we work regular hours or even a bit less now sometimes, non payed overtime will eventually happen. Love it or leave it

* We play games, atm me and Chris (artist) plays QL for 30-60 min each day before lunch then we all play RUSE after work, 3v3 or 4v4

* If you have a funny name you will hear about it, if you have a regular name, you will hear about that too

* I personally drink a lot of beer in the weeks and I have issues with that

* We have our own engine and our coder knows how to do everything*

I've tried, with these few points to describe a bit how the company works - as I see it and what a level designer should be ready for. This is serious business.

Another good thing to know, Hammerwatch have sold about 760k units, that means that we have a small stack of cash around, so if the level designer works out as an intern, it will most likely be hired on a project basis, but if Serious Sam don't sell enough, we might not be able to have people hired any more and needs to scale down when we make Hammerwatch 2 - honest truth being an indie game dev that is not mojang

The goal for the company is this Serious Sam -> Hammerwatch 2 -> Low poly RPG FPS.

/Hipshot

Send me a PM or add me on steam.

*Except change that name

One told me that it was not written in a very unserious matter to actually be taken seriously. Like I just wrote a second person - to be honest, this is what it is, I'm not looking for anyone that wants to work at Blizzard or Rockstar - I want the "second best" guy, it's so god damn easy to BUILD this, but I need someone that can actually design an idea to fit into the story well, come up with his/her own ideas, but not be to strange.

I suppose you won't wait 'till June  :sad:

Well, we kinda need someone "soon" =/

• 1 month later...

Like I just wrote a second person - to be honest, this is what it is, I'm not looking for anyone that wants to work at Blizzard or Rockstar - I want the "second best" guy

You can easily check out our high quality Testking pmp certificate which prepares you well Testking compass test questions for the  You can also get success in real fmuniv.edu with the quality

Edited by rose61