Eternity Changes by Daniel "Nisse" Nilsson

Silly side note. I have a little habit of naming levels after the music I listen to at the time of naming it. For example the UE4 white box challenge level was called New Damage after a Soundgarden song and before that I've also made a map called Rusty Cage (also Soundgarden). This time I listened to the excellent Forever Changes record by Love, but I thought that Eternity sounded more Quake/Lovecraftian :)

Had a playtest with Grillet and another friend and I think it played quite well!
Biggest fault was that it was a bit too dark. Other things I'll change to next time: Will try to switch out the plasma to a Quad, making the room it was in more of a central room, also make some adjustments to that room. Adjust a teleporter a bit. Add some doors at appropriate places. Changes to one of the stairs. But mostly more light! 

Will record a demo next playtest and upload a clip!

Edited by Daniel Nilsson

Here comes the promised update! :) 

Here's some footage of me running around checking out the level then there's a short clip of deathmatch between Grillet, Mawnsson and me (sorry Hipshot forgot to a ask you ).

Some areas start to take form while others is still quite "alpha".

From the playtest I mostly learnt places I should add player clip to and some minor tweaks, take away some hiding spots (a spot behind a teleport for instance), make it a bit brighter. Before I was afraid that it was too small and that you could get around too quick, but for three players it didn't feel too small at all, I think 4-6 would be ideal but even 7-8 could work.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since the last update, have been out of town a bit but now I'm back! :) At the moment I would say it plays better then it looks but I'm hoping to balance that out the last three weeks (by making it prettier :) not making the gameplay worse) Will focus on texturing, adding trims and details and lighting. Will also see what I can do to make the hellfog look better besides lights.

the video got a bit darker then ideal...

Took some screens with the cmds /noclip /cg_draw2D 0 /cg_draw_gun 0

FAGGSwW.png

BiRUgCG.png

eubIuTp.png

6IbW2MW.png

zMhvf5N.png

gMIFFrs.png

faEVE8X.png

Fog get's messed up if it does not properly cover all surfaces around. Make sure you extend the fog brush so it's outside of everything else, then it should work.

Thanks that did the trick! Except for the weird shadow spots, I had them before at another place, also with the fog. I think those disappeared when I was deleting some brush and remade an area... So don't have anything specific to go on but will try to find it.