Sjonsson

Games W.I.P Thread

385 posts in this topic

Spellsworn - Devblog Post #3 is live!
The amount of blogposts we have now are almost longer than we can count (4). These last two weeks have been extremely eventful, we have sorted up our directions and improved our management. Since we made a post about some of our endeavours last week this post will be a little bit shorter than usual.

Now to the fun part! We have released our fourth Steam Concept Video!

Orbital Art!

In terms of visuals the biggest change of Spellsworn is undoubtedly our newly added spell: Meteor Strike!

MeteorStrike.jpg

In addition to the spells we also implemented decals for spellcasting.

SpellDecal.jpg

We have also added some rocky boundaries to the map!

Boundary.jpg

Except for that the artists have worked continously on GUI-elements, post-processing, improvements in the Magma-shader et cetera.

What’s more?

In terms of management and future plans this week have pretty much flipped all of it upside down, but in a good fashion! Like we mentioned in our last post we had a meeting with David Polfeldt who told us a great deal of things, we learned a lot! Polfeldt really thought we should look into finding and investor and connected us with a couple of really useful contacts. That said we decided to postpone our plans with Kickstarter and not launch it this year, what happens 2015 may be a different story.

We have also made a roadmap for the project and we have decided that the 31st of October is the day when we are to have our so called MVP (Minimum-Viable-Product), a verticle slice of the game where all primary functions and features are implemented, including animations, sounds and music.

A lot of changes are going on but hey, that’s what game development is all about! Iteration, no matter if it’s plans or games! 

What’s next?

In the next video, October 3rd, there will hopefully be a full implementation of the GUI. We know we promised sounds and music but that will have to wait until next video too. As mentioned before we will start the external testing soon, care to join? Send a mail to [email protected] or post here!

Edited by Sjonsson

That should work already, in theory :) I don't have access to the router where I live so I can open the ports needed for hosting a server online, so I've only tested it locally with some people at work. But, when the time is ready, I'm sure someone here could help me do some hosting =)

Squad and El_Exodus like this

Here's a little Puzzle Game I'm working on: 

It got a little bit put on hold during the Whitebox Challenge but now I'm excited to take it up again. Made with unity and C# with the goal to become a better scripter. No built in physics are used so movement, collisions and gravity is all coded.

The goal is to get all four cubes to the goal. It's controlled by holding down the corresponding button to the cubes color. Also possible to move multiple cubes at the same time.

It's preferably controlled with a gamepad, but keyboard is also possible. I put a simple 3D mesh of a controller on the screen so it would be simpler to understand how the game worked.

The levels shown might be a bit advanced, I'll make some simpler starter levels later.

Please tell me what you think. :)

Ohh forgot to mention about the power ups. At the moment there's two different one that is a can of paint that change the players color. The other inverts the input axis, either the horizontal or vertical.

You should totally make a pad-version of this game, will work as a charm I believe.

Yeah I'm thinking about it. I'll need to try some different ideas on how to control it on a touch screen though. I'm thinking toggle the colors by clicking the cubes (brighten up active) and then have the player choosing by on screen "thumbstick" or tilting.

Here's a little Puzzle Game I'm working on: 

Please tell me what you think. :)

I really I like the concept and controls, they're really cool. I would only make it easier to spot the "game mechanisms" that trigger the platforms etc (maybe a different color or symbol?), and maybe think if it is possible to make different themes in order to create levels that differ not only in difficulty but also in aesthetics.

Looks promising!

Daniel Nilsson likes this

Not really a game but I wanted to finish up a pixel art piece I was doing. All the motion and stuff is programmed using the Haxe programming language and the HaxeFlixel framework. You can watch the animated version here (flash)

http://alexm.itch.io/chasing-the-dead

here's a screenshot

chasingscreen.png