Thrik

What's going on with your life?

1,731 posts in this topic

Got my fingers seared

IMG_2906.thumb.JPG.d019588f11df7fb8a14f799b53442a63.JPGIMG_2907.thumb.JPG.18bfd93d1c0b0f36159cafff76c0fdb2.JPG

I tried to move a tray I had placed on the side on a hob.

chefs are no strangers in leaving these things on, but now we have induction ones and you can't notice they are on, not unless you look for the LED on the controls, since they don't heat up unless there's a conductive pan on them.

who the fuck thinks the hob is on if there's no pan on it??

anyway is not as painful as it looks (for now).

a colleague noticed there's my fingerprint on the tray now lol 

been sent upstairs by the boss but can't do shit as I'm supposed to keep the hand in water for hours. Wifi is fucked as usual so can't watch tv, can't really use a computer safely and how am I supposed to read a book thick as IT with one hand

Edited by blackdog
TheOnlyDoubleF and Tisky like this

So that sounds like a psychiatrist, not a psychologist. Generally (at least in canada) those are the ones that prescribe medicine but don't really do as much regarding to working it out. 

i was put on anti-depressants at one point and decided I would rather sometimes be depressed than take those pills. They felt like a mini-lobotomy. Essentially I prefer to have big high's and lows rather than live in what feels a muted mind. I'm not saying those pills are bad or anything. It's just my personal choice. 

I did see a psychologist for about a year a long time ago. At the time I wasn't sure if it was helping but now years later, in retrospect I think it was beneficial. 

Tisky and dux like this

6 hours ago, Tisky said:

Sorry, did not mean to come off as aggressive. I meant i wont be back with this "topic", i followed Spronys method and "erased". :)

I have actually tried it twice, both times they basicly said "wow yes you have a shitty situation in life. take theese pills, same time next week?". Did not go back both times since i went home feeling worse haha. And the pills made me, not feel sad, but not happy. I was like in a state of "being" without feelings. Hard to explain! Also! Made me super-duper sleepy :lol:. Still got some at home, any buyers? :P

Yeah, like Alex said, a psychotherapist/psychologist is someone who will help you on a psychological level. A psychiatrist on the other hand is someone who will prescribe you pills. Each have radically different approaches, even though the name is almost the same.

dux and Tisky like this

15 hours ago, Minos said:

Yeah, like Alex said, a psychotherapist/psychologist is someone who will help you on a psychological level. A psychiatrist on the other hand is someone who will prescribe you pills. Each have radically different approaches, even though the name is almost the same.

Yes i know this, but apparantly (as they told me), you must go to a curator (is that a correct translation?) before you can get to see a psychologist. Atleast where i live, unless you hurt yourself.

I might try again, 3rd time's the charm right? :) 

:edit:

Started studying on evenings after work early this year, and today i got an A on my first course, "Graphical Illustration". So goddamned happy!

Edited by Tisky
Sprony likes this

58 minutes ago, Tisky said:

Yes i know this, but apparantly (as they told me), you must go to a curator (is that a correct translation?) before you can get to see a psychologist. Atleast where i live, unless you hurt yourself.

I might try again, 3rd time's the charm right? :) 

:edit:

Started studying on evenings after work early this year, and today i got an A on my first course, "Graphical Illustration". So goddamned happy!

I'm not sure what a curator is but if it's for a referral and it's covered by your government system that's good. In Canada psychologists aren't covered. Cost me 110$ an hour. That's probably a big reason I stopped going :X

-

Tisky and Sprony like this

It seems that the delays of the old monitor has been balanced out by my new monitor arriving early!

I'm finally back to 1080p displays!

Sprony and Darakuu like this

3 hours ago, Bastion said:

I'm finally back to 1080p displays!

Peasant.

:v 

Bastion and TheOnlyDoubleF like this

5 minutes ago, dux said:

Peasant.

:v 

I've been working with screens that were not even HD until today, so I'll take every pixel I can get

TheOnlyDoubleF, Tisky and dux like this

Back from Barcelona. Well, I have few criticism toward the city: 
- Most of the cultural places' content are not translate in French nor English. Almost everything is written in Catalan language. So don't go there if you want to learn things. That's not really great for such a touristic city. 
- Beside tourists, people don't speak English or French. So welcome to the world of awkwardness. Even when I arrived at the airport the first day, I had struggle to find some help to get to the city XD The rule seems to be: if you find someone who speaks english, it means he is not from Barcelona. 
- I was sold that if was a city with an incredible architecture. Sorry, what? You mean those 5 or 6 ugly buildings ? I mean, beside the Gaudi stuff (that I think are horrible) and the Gothic district, it looks like a US city in Florida! 
- The food costs nothing but WTF the transport and the activities are expensive.
- Tapas are their things, but after 8 days there, I still don't understand what are tapas. 
- The beach is dirty and full of tourists, even in April

I walked around 12 kilometers each day, It was sunny and hot so that was cool. Chicks are hot of course, I felt in love every 10 meters. 
They have crazy Bar/club concept: for example, there was one where shots were getting more expensive as you were buying them. The price was getting lower if you were waiting to buy the next one. I stll don't understand the principle of this one but it was pretty fun. 

It was a good trip, but i wouldn't have gone alone. I'm sure it's a lot of fun with friends. I'm glad I had roommates at the auberge to get out with 'cause I'd have turned crazy. Plus, 8 days is probably a bit too much to spend in this location. 

Now I'm back at job hunting ^^

Sprony, dux, Radu and 1 other like this

53 minutes ago, TheOnlyDoubleF said:

Back from Barcelona. Well, I have few criticism toward the city: 
- Most of the cultural places' content are not translate in French nor English. Almost everything is written in Catalan language. So don't go there if you want to learn things. That's not really great for such a touristic city. 
- Beside tourists, people don't speak English or French. So welcome to the world of awkwardness. Even when I arrived at the airport the first day, I had struggle to find some help to get to the city XD The rule seems to be: if you find someone who speaks english, it means he is not from Barcelona. 
- I was sold that if was a city with an incredible architecture. Sorry, what? You mean those 5 or 6 ugly buildings ? I mean, beside the Gaudi stuff (that I think are horrible) and the Gothic district, it looks like a US city in Florida! 
- The food costs nothing but WTF the transport and the activities are expensive.
- Tapas are their things, but after 8 days there, I still don't understand what are tapas. 
- The beach is dirty and full of tourists, even in April

Hmm, i never got that impression of Barcelona after spending a weekend there :)

Most people i met knew english, and i must disagree on the architecture. Many beautiful building i.m.h.o, altho, it was easy to get lost since, yeah, this:

eixample-barcelona7%25255B6%25255D.jpg?i

I do on the other hand agree on their beach. It sucked ass, we went to a smaller town outside of Barcelona by train and that beach was so much better.

If you ever go there again i strongly recommend renting bikes! I was so hungover after the first day but my friend nagged at me for 2 hours until i caved in and went along for the bike-ride. Im so glad they did!

The thing i hated about Barcelona was all the drugs people tried to sell you. Otherwise, i found it quite a nice town! :)

TheOnlyDoubleF and Vaya like this

Congrats!!!

Sjonsson likes this

Great news, congrats!

Sjonsson likes this

Thanks guys! :D