Thrik

What's going on with your life?

1,689 posts in this topic

Very sorry to hear for your loss @Sprony, wish I could hug for real.

I can never understand these dismissive people when you talk about losing a pet.

Sprony and [HP] like this

So, I survived round one and managed to vacate my old home with just 2 minutes to spare. My new house isn't finished and I can barely open the door before I'm welcomed by towers of boxes and furniture. I have 12 days to clear the ground floor before my kitchen comes. I have moved 11 times, but I can't remember that it has ever been this hellish and riddled with so many setbacks. I don't believe in saying never, but you can bet your ass I'm not fucking moving again anytime soon. 

Pampers, Beck and PogoP like this

It is a very busy time in my life as I juggle job applications, design tests, portfolio updates and an ambitious map called "CTF-AquaFactory" that's due in six weeks. I look forward to mid-may when I have less stuff on my plate, although I find myself weirdly satisfied with how hard I have been working lately.

Sprony and Pampers like this

4 hours ago, dux said:

Ate some cereal. Watching some youtube.

Did you get up real early or go to bed real late? Makes me wonder if you've adapted to the US West Coast timezone to sync with the UW office?

TheOnlyDoubleF and Sprony like this

For those who might be concerned. I am safe atm. Sitting at work. 

There was a small attack in stockholm today. A large stolen truck ran through the mall 3 blocks from my work. Still not sure if they caught the person yet. I've heard reports of gunfire. 

Staying inside for now. 

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/M04XE/attentat-pa-drottninggatan-i-stockholm-flera-doda-och-stort-antal-s

I work a short walk from the incident and people were on edge for a while, they reported shootings in the subway station nearby but I think they're unconfirmed rumours still.

11 hours ago, FrieChamp said:

Did you get up real early or go to bed real late? Makes me wonder if you've adapted to the US West Coast timezone to sync with the UW office?

I live on american time most weeks.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyDoubleF said:

After six years without any true holidays, I'M GOING TO BARCELONA FOR A WEEK.

Have fun! @TheOnlyDoubleF

I wish you good luck with the interviews! Tell us all about it when the time comes.

Vaya, TheOnlyDoubleF and Sprony like this

Been busy getting dates, but cancel everytime because i can't let go of the person i love. Because everytime i let go she pops up somehow, Making me Hope. I'm a fucking idiot.

10 hours ago, Tisky said:

Been busy getting dates, but cancel everytime because i can't let go of the person i love. Because everytime i let go she pops up somehow, Making me Hope. I'm a fucking idiot.

Don't put yourself in the situation where you regret not doing stuff you wish you had. One of the worse feelings in the world, is looking back at your past, short or long term and saying "I wish i'd done this or that." 

Deathy, Minos, dux and 1 other like this