Blade Runner 2049

Mazy

Hmmm. How do you guys feel about for example, them making a sequel to Deus Ex? Do you think making sequels to those great, iconic games is any different to making sequels to great, iconic films? I'm genuinely interested in what you guys think on the matter. Generally it's more accepted to make a game sequel years later, but not with films. I wonder why that is!

Dick did not do a sequel or prequel, as far as I know, to "Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep?", so this is doomed to fail as far as I'm concerned. It's hard enough to properly adapt a novel in the first place, let alone add new material.

The Dick estate (giggity) didn't want to let Google use the name Nexus for their sell phone but they're gonna allow this shit?

Hmmm. How do you guys feel about for example, them making a sequel to Deus Ex? Do you think making sequels to those great, iconic games is any different to making sequels to great, iconic films? I'm genuinely interested in what you guys think on the matter. Generally it's more accepted to make a game sequel years later, but not with films. I wonder why that is!

Well, the key is that games have gameplay. You can play them for hours on end and if the game is good, you're always eager for more content. It's easy to add a map to a game too, for example.

Films are all about the beginning-middle-end narrative. It's a highly condensed, polished two-hour-or-so long visual experience. The story progresses. The story wraps up. It's much harder to expand upon and therefore a more delicate subject.

There was an hoax earlier today that said Michael Bay was attached to direct the movie. At least Scott is better than him, but I'm still genuinely afraid this will be a disaster.

I hope Prometheus is good, because if it's not I doubt the new Blade Runner will be any good. :(

Like what Puddy said... Blade Runner especially was such a clean an concise story. There is no reason to expand upon the story. I know there was a bit of a cliffhanger left at the end... but that was the point! You weren't ever supposed to know!

I am fearful.