Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

Congrats to everyone that have been chose to be in the OP(obligatory post) but I have to say, the content they included with the Operation was surprising to me, I hope they have more plans for these separate MM gamemodes, and hope for more of them, on that note, the Co-op stuff as well. 

On 5/24/2017 at 4:50 AM, text_fish said:

Lul, a response to being in the earlier operation?
oKuiCZt.jpg

After working on the layout and balance for the level to such an extent that no lesser than re-designing it from the foundation, I had to just sneak this in for some giggles. Although, I was quite surprised at Valve for letting us put this in, along with some other silly graffiti placed, most of which are just inside jokes among my friends.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else experienced weird shadows on worldvertextransition displacements after the update? Never seen this before:

dispalcementshadow.jpg.8ac5f13b1d236935eef7f4d1a29aa954.jpg

It randomly happened on a select few faces across the map. I haven't done any changes to the materials or areas in which it happened. Lightmaps are the same and smooth groups does nothing.

34 minutes ago, text_fish said:

Yeah I've seen that on one of my displacements too. I remade the brush and it disappeared, though that may just be incidental as I wasn't actively trying to fix it.

I've also been seeing dark blue/purple shadows cast on props by the env_sun, in related news.

Oh god :( now that you mention it, I saw a random purple shadow the other day too!

Anybody tried the Wingman mode? Ive played a lot of 2on2 back in the CS:S Days. And I really wanted to like this mode, but the maps are horrible. They may work in demolition, but it doesnt feel like a 2on2 at all. Most of the times you can only rush towards the site with the Terrorists having huge timing advantages (and sometimes better cover too).

I hope the other Maps play better (but I highly doubt it) - Ive played lake, shortdust, safehouse and st. marc.

15 hours ago, grapen said:

I've emailed Valve on the worldvertextransition issue, no reply yet and I'm not really holding my breath for one. I'm surprised there's not more people talking about it though, is there anyone who isn't getting the issue?

I'm getting similar issues that weren't there before :(

Pics below: 

Spoiler

11 hours ago, nikkoship said:

I'm getting similar issues that weren't there before :(

Pics below: 

Hide contents

Yep second shot looks just like what I'm experiencing, slightly dark spots. I've yet to hear from anyone who doesn't have these issues, so for now it seems as if there's nothing to do about it.

I have a similar thing in a few places. Black spots on displacements. Some I got rid of by lowering the lightmap scale to 16.

Other issues I currently have include some meshes not receiving light very well, especially bush models which look totally flat. I am also unable to launch a map from the console. If I type in "map", as soon as I hit space, CSGO just hangs.

5 hours ago, OrnateBaboon said:

I have a similar thing in a few places. Black spots on displacements. Some I got rid of by lowering the lightmap scale to 16.

Other issues I currently have include some meshes not receiving light very well, especially bush models which look totally flat. I am also unable to launch a map from the console. If I type in "map", as soon as I hit space, CSGO just hangs.

Yeah, I have the lightmap scale set to 16 on my displacements, still having the issue though. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Edited by nikkoship

Quick PSA, in the newest update: 

" Fixed a regression in lighting for old community maps that interacted badly with new lighting features. Newer maps with lighting problems can be fixed by recompiling them in Hammer."

I've recompiled my map with HDR + normal lightmaps and all the weird shadows on my displacements seem to have disappeared. Try recompiling your maps and see if the issue is fixed.

Edited by nikkoship