Don't think I saw this posted anywhere on the boards, might be interesting for some people :derp:
Plenty of positions open at DICE.
I copied the stuff most relevant for this forum here, more details and positions + instructions on how to apply can be viewed at http://dice.se/hiring.asp
- An ability to think in 3D
- Drawings/sketches that display basic skills as well as any modeling and texture work related to objects, buildings, natural terrain, etc.
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume
- Good use of light and shadow
- Breadth of artistic styles
- An understanding of optimization
- Excellent sense of scale and level of finish
It is required that you have experience with 3D Software such as Maya.
High commitment to deadlines with ability to set realistic time estimates for own work
Proactive and driven
An excellent eye for detail and focus on delivering the very best quality
Team player and good collaboration skills
Senior Level Artist
Work task examples
• World Sculpting
• Modelling and texturing of world objects
• Object placing
• Visual Effects placing and adjustments
• Implement 3D objects to Game Engine
• Generating screenshots
• Shader and animation setup
• Destruction generation and setup
• Visual tweaks both on 3D meshes and 2D textures
• Technical tweaks on shaders, 3D mesh and 2D textures
• Deliver outsourcing briefs and feedback to outsourcing partners
• Assist Level Art Director both visually, technically and with problem solving (a mixture of artistic/technical solutions in practice).
• Maya skills
o 3D modelling, Hard Surface and organic
• VFX knowledge and understanding
• Level Design understanding and knowledge
• Dramaturgic and storytelling understanding and knowledge
• Photoshop skills
o 2D art (UI/Menu elements)
o Be able to act on feedback, turn delta feedback into positive result.
o Openly seed feedback and input on work
o Be able to find solutions to high level feedback.
o Constructively give feedback to leads. Should look out for and raise serious concerns regarding any aspect of production or leadership within the project.
o Deliver on time and to the right quality
o Set realistic time estimates for own work.
o Understand dependencies
o Motivated & Committed
o Proactive and take ownership
o Possibly have responsibility of a certain aspect of the levels (rocks, buildings etc).
o Is expected to be able to identify and prioritize quality concerns and valuable polish areas within the levels.
o Team player
o Always deliver what he/she has agreed upon.
o Deliver according to AD's and TAD's without detailed feedback
• Industry knowledge
o Know common practices
o Understands industry trends
o Updated on industry news
o Working with peers (Level Artists) to coach them to become stronger artists
o Responsible for other people to deliver on time with the right quality
Senior Mission Designer
Be part of a creative process with the Lead Designer, other designers and other disciplines
Work with an interdisciplinary team to best realize the vision of missions
Participate in discussions, give honest feedback on colleagues work
Be an advocate for the player experience, influence and shape it as it forms
Be relentless about quality
Communicate with all disciplines to increase quality both on your missions and on anything you feel could be better
Use proprietary 3D toolset/work alongside artists to best create your mission experience
Use a visual scripting system to craft the experience of your maps
Care about creating compelling pacing, variety, and drama as well
Create appropriate enemy placement, composition, timing, and line of sight for a given scenario
At least one shipped AAA title responsible for creating compelling pacing, variety, and drama
Experienced with 3D art, scripting and game creation tools (Maya, Unreal, etc)
Great communication skills; in presenting and writing
Ability to work creatively in a dynamic and quality driven work environment
Battlefield fan/knowledge a plus but not a requirement
3+ years of industry experience