sarge mat

Prey

160 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, El Moroes said:

And you'll love it too ! One hour of gameplay for spoiler lovers ^^

Hide contents

39605874.jpg

El Moroes and Buddy like this

Say what you want about Bethesda's games, but those guys sure know how to sell it.

They did manage to make a lot of people think that Radeon Vega will come out alongside this game. Associating your launch with a highly anticipated hardware release sends a strong message on the confidence they have in the GPUs and the confidence AMD has in their game. That is if it's true.

If it isn't it still genius,  it attracts free publicity.

[HP] likes this

Any thoughts ?

I think its really great in terms of gameplay and story but techically it's really buggy at launch.

The game freezes every time I make graphical changes although they are not many you can change anyways.

It seems to be running poorly in terms of the quality what I'm seeing, altought I have a old GPU the game still looks a bit dated compared to other games. But then again it seems all the lighting is dynamic and my GPU is just running out of VRAM.

My Steam controller does not work :( it just does not register any inputs.

[HP] likes this

All I read is people saying that it reminds them of System Shock 2, Bioshock, and Half-Life and that it runs really well. So I bought it. I have paid 0 attention to this game but reading those reviews made me get it. LETS GO BABY.

PogoP likes this

Ok can confirm it reminds me 100% of Bioshock, Half-Life, Portal, and System Shock 2. The first words you hear are the exact same tone as the Half-Life 1 tram ride. I'm still kinda salty that it isn't the space bounty hunter Prey we got teased with years ago but this so far is really good! I've already jumped out of my seat, that doesn't happen often.

[HP] and Radu like this

This game is really cool, it's like a greatest hits collection of all my favorite games from the early/mid 2000s with some really clever contributions of its own. This feels like another great immersive sim from Arkane, they really nail this genre. I'm probably going to be spending alot of time with this one.

My only gripe is that I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of systems in the game, and the tutorials required to explain them - but I'm learning how they all work very quickly. 

Edited by nikkoship
dux and [HP] like this

I like how the game only gives you a few guns to damage the enemies. It forces you to get creative and plan how to deal with the bigger aliens using the environment. Every encounter with the aliens at the beginning feels really scary especially with the bigger ones. Luring them into my turret buddies is so satisfying.

It turned out I had to manipulate the config file to enable steam controller :ubermad:

nikkoship likes this

I've played for about 3 hours and I'm now terrified of everything. I'm constantly hitting stuff with my wrench to make sure they're not Mimics. Trash can in the corner? Whack it. Oh, it's nothing and I feel relieved. But then the health pack on the ground next to it attacks me and I have genuine jump scare. Seconds later, my desk light flickers and I instantly smack it against the floor. Great game!

FMPONE and blackdog like this

This game does such a great job of injecting the essence of psychological horror into its mechanics. I'm running into rooms wildly attacking lamps and coffee cups wildly with my wrench, I actually start to feel like I'm losing my mind - but you can't let your guard down because that's when they get you. It's happened so many times now where I'm backtracking to older areas I already cleared thinking I'm safe only to have a lamp burst out at me. The worst is when they don't fight you and just run away into another room and hide as another unknown object.

Such a simple idea, but it's so effective. Even just the sound of a coffee cup falling to the floor gets my heart racing, this game is awesome.

Edited by nikkoship
[HP] likes this

My only complaint so far from a technical standpoint is the mouse acceleration that I can't turn off, not even in the .ini file. I was also surprised to learn this is running on cryengine.