Sentura

Now playing - 2017

1,972 posts in this topic

FarCry 2 seems cool but damnit I want to start wildfires! And why does everyone talk too fast and mechanically? They really dropped the ball on voice over direction.

FarCry 2 seems cool but damnit I want to start wildfires! And why does everyone talk too fast and mechanically? They really dropped the ball on voice over direction.

Good thing you never really have to listen to any of it. When you're getting a mission from guys in person you can run up and grab the folder, cutting them off most of the time, and on your phone you can just hang up. Far Cry 2 gets a LOT better once you've unlocked some good guns, like the pistol slot grenade launcher, and LMGs.

Yeah, despite it's repetitiveness, the gunplay was awesome in Far Cry 2 and I really felt immersed in the world.

Finished PoP: Warrior Within on Monday. Enjoyable, but not as much as the first. The game was 3 hours too long. The backtracking at the end (and even during the normal story) because of the story element was kinda meh...felt more like padding for more hours more than anything else. And the boss battles were the most frustrating things ever, unless it's just me who sucked =P. The Two Thrones is up next, already looks better than WW!

Since I'm on vacation I'm playing a lot of handheld games:

- Sim City IOS (feels rather unbalaced sometimes but still playable)

- Drill Dozer GBA (incredible platformer made by the Pokemon team)

- Angry Birds (my gf can't stop playing it goddamit)

- Korg-DS (finally got the hang of it, it owns!!)

- Fruit Ninja (one of the most addicting IOS games)

- Flight Control

- Animal Crossing DS (good ol' Animal Crossing never gets old)

- Metroid Prime Hunters DS (pretty good game but the level design is so confusing it's revolting. I recently hit a road block and can't finish the game)

Thurnip likes this

Game Dev Story is easily the most addicting phone game I've ever played.

The Lynx sniper rifle is so great. 130 damage, and an optional upgrade that adds the binocular IFF identification boxes (marks NPCs and mutants with Deus Ex looking borders around them when looking through the scope) so I can freely snipe those asshole alphas hiding in the brush. Don't even use upgraded ammo. I also carry around that one high end NATO assault rifle that comes with a weird looking diamond scope (HK something), fully upgraded, with upgraded ammo for zombies and bandits, it's also pretty good. Close up burst fire on alphas might be more useful. But it doesn't have the scope range or IFF of the Lynx. I also still have the Predator shotgun but not a ton of uses for it. I wish the TOZ Pathfinder was still useful, because that was a classy gun, but the two shots before reload can't cope with the horde sizes SGM spawns at this stage in the game, you need a decent clip.

Also that SS-99 suit, fully upgraded, actually provides some decent bullet protection that doesn't help whatsoever against headshots.

Levelled my Classic Warlock up to 84 now. I did ask a GM to fix my achievements but he basically said that, while he's on my side, he can't actually play about with them too much. Going by the date-stamp it looks like I actually celebrated New Year by raiding C'thun. I’ll accept old burned-out raiding loser, but that’s something else entirely.

The new quest zone design is kind of weird; both factions basically follow the same long chain of quests the whole way through the zone in a linear style. It looks pretty sweet lore wise, especially with the phasing stuff, but I miss most of it delivering and excepting quests at lightning speed then flying vertical upwards to avoid being blown up by alliance. I also can't quest in the underwater zone because I have the might boosh eel song stuck in my head.

Also, what happened to Druid players? When I used to play this game in Classic I loved them. Druid’s were always these happy-go-lucky players that knew what they were doing but didn’t make a big deal about it. Now they’re like Classic Hunters. Man, sweeping generalisations rock.

re-playing yoshi's island for SNES. it's incredible how similar this game is to kirby's epic yarn, everything from the transformations to the coins to the stage ending. i don't understand why nintendo haven't put this game on virtual console yet.

The new quest zone design is kind of weird; both factions basically follow the same long chain of quests the whole way through the zone in a linear style. It looks pretty sweet lore wise, especially with the phasing stuff, but I miss most of it delivering and excepting quests at lightning speed then flying vertical upwards to avoid being blown up by alliance. I also can't quest in the underwater zone because I have the might boosh eel song stuck in my head.

The quest flow is weird. If you don't pay attention and miss a quest you might have to use an hour just looking for whatever prereq quest you're missing to continue. If you are like me and don't care about the quest lore (oh god the cutscenes), it can get pretty frustrating when you hit that bump in your progression.

I like the new questing format, but I enjoy following the storyline. Otherwise it's just a mindless grind, which means I might as well be playing a skinner box like Farmville.

Can't help but wonder if these new cutscenes is Blizzard's attempt at testing the waters to switch quest formats in case SWTOR blows them out of the water (unlikely).

I like the new questing format, but I enjoy following the storyline. Otherwise it's just a mindless grind, which means I might as well be playing a skinner box like Farmville.

right, but most of the enjoyment people get from MMORPGs takes place after the leveling. the leveling is almost in every case a kind of purgatory the player has to endure until the endgame. if people like the leveling, that's great for them. I still think there's a considerable amount of people who hates that part but still loves the game.

As a very generic generalisation I usually divide gamers into two main categories; you have the multiplayers and the singleplayers. Not saying that some people can enjoy both ofcourse :)

Anyways, the multiplayers usually go pvp'ing or raiding in WoW, while the singleplayers usually love the questing and to some degree the raiding part of WoW. You can generally check which type you are by looking at your character screen. If you have multiple (2 or 3) level 85's by now you're most likely a singleplayer guy (you love exploring and the experience of a story), while if you have just one hardcore pimped level 85 then you're a multiplayer guy (you love to pwn nubs).

The singleplayer people usually dont play WoW after they've leveled up a few character. They end up with two choices; either grind achievements in WoW or grind achievements on the Xbox (aka play other sp games) ;)

Section 8 on steam > GFWL > Update > Do not want > "You can not will save" > Restart > Update > Restart > Update > Restart > Updat..

7fbaf3f1f0eff456e2c570cc08513.gif

> Kill process > Uninstall.

2011 New Year Resolution : never buy a GFWL game.

Whit Lost Planet I was patient, but today this is too much! I will never touch again this piece of shit. No matter if I deprive myself of games.

GFWL is indeed SHIT. Best thing I saw was relic actually removing it from the next DoW because it caused so many issues for paying users.

Bad company Vietnam is aaaawwwweeesome :spot::spot::spot:

If you havent got it, get it. I think it improves on most things from bfbc2 except for helicopters being weak as piss.

I think the storyline is great too, but unless I want to read up on wowhead I'm still going to miss loads of it. Two rival factions all following the same linear path through the zone just means you're going to be ganged. I can't tell if this is another ill-fated attempt at world PvP or them not really taking PvP servers into account. Or maybe PvP servers are supposed to man up, and go do the linear quest path in the other viable zone, where another 85 feral druid definitely will not kill you in one bleed this time.

I’m really not seeing this grind everyone goes on about, though. All Blizzard have done since Classic is reduce the amount of time needed to get stuff done and, where grind is required, split it up with daily quests so logging on for excessive amounts of time is not possible. Levelling to 85 takes less time than hitting the level cap in any earlier versions, reputations hit revered through quests and exalted through dungeons and dailies, PvP points are now instantaneous... If anything, they are suffering from a lack of grind, quite quickly end-game content for norms is going to be 5 dungeons and Lol Barad (sp).

The vast majority of World of Warcraft players prefer to play singleplayer, it's exactly the reason it's successful. This is why you have never once seen people in WoW grouped for something that didn't require a group. This would not be the case in a Korean MMO, where people play in an Internet Cafe with their friends and stay in a party forever - not just when it's required for big shiny.